Holdings Report - Sorting Customization Options

Dan13
Dan13 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I use the Holdings Report to reconcile with my Bank Investment Reports. Unfortunately, the Holdings Report, I do not see any Options to provide the ability to organize it by Investment Types (as an example) to make my reconciliation process easier. The Holdings Report does not allow you to customize it to ADD fields (like Investment Type, Bond Type, for example) to then sort the report so that it mimics my bank report. I am looking for the ability to have a report that does these things to help in balancing my accounts each month. Any Advice or Suggestions?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing you can do is set the Investing Goal for each of your securities to match the categories your bank uses, then next to Group by: pick Investing goal. You can create new investing goals as needed. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan13
    Dan13 Member ✭✭✭
    Jim, where is the Group By Option? I am using the Holdings Button on top of the Investment Register for my report. Only option on that report is a SHOW: Value, Recent Performance, Historic Performance and Tax?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Holdings window is pretty useless in my opinion for most things, especially since they never seem to want to fix bugs like not remembering the column widths.

@Jim_Harman is actually referring to Investing tab -> Portfolio view, which is much more customizable.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dan13
    Dan13 Member ✭✭✭
    Excellent, Thank you very much for all your help! I have been using the software for many, many years and have never clicked on that "Investing" Menu. What you learn sometimes that is right in front of you :smile: .
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl-U is a quick way to get to your last portfolio view. 
This discussion has been closed.