QMac: Savings Goals (111 Legacy + Merged Votes)

Comments

• Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I'm with Noialou - I used savings goals for years when I used the PC version and found them to be very helpful. Why won't quicken add this feature to the Mac application. Please get it done!
  • Luke Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

I really need Savings Goals to be in the Mac version of Quicken. I can not use the Mac version without it

[Merged Post]

• Luke Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Is there any plans to add this to QuickenMAC?

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

There is an existing Idea post asking for this feature, with more than 200 votes. Please take a minute to visit the thread and add your vote for this functionality. It is marked "Under Consideration", which mens the developers have not yet committed for or against this feature, so no one can answer if -- or when -- this will be added to Quicken Mac.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Member ✭✭
    I'm quite disappointed in Quicken's deceptive marketing tactics. When they post a list of features to buying a product and stipulate that it is supported on both a Windows and Mac platform, I would expect it to be there after purchase. This is a basic money management feature that shouldn't be "withheld" in its design and release.
  • jacobs
    @rhall9058 This is what is shown on the product comparison page for savings goals:

It clearly shows this to be a Windows-only feature. Where are you seeing deceptive marketing? 

Nothing is being "withheld" from Mac users. There is a list of several hundred feature requests to make Quicken Mac more equal with Quicken Windows, and the developers have been adding features every month or two towards that end. We all wish they could speed the pace of feature development, but it's a slow process because of the complexity of Quicken and whatever constraints they have on the size of their development team. 
  • SullyJ
    SullyJ Member
    I would also like Savings Goals and Budget for Savings Goal to be added to the Mac Version. It was something we used all the time when we used PCs and I greatly miss this financial tool.
  • RusG
    RusG Member ✭✭
    Disappointed it's not there.
  • RusG
    RusG Member ✭✭
    > @RusG said:
    > Disappointed it's not there.

And now 6 years since the first post in this thread and multiple rationalizations why it's so difficult. One would think Quicken would see some value in implementing this feature. Especially since it's often used as a marketing tool showing the difference between another company's product and Quicken. Considering Quicken's sizable user base ($$$) it shouldn't be difficult to allocate some time to this long overdue feature.
  • Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    It seems apparent by now that they have no intent to ever add this feature to the Mac OS.
  • jacobs
    edited March 2022
    Russ said:
    It seems apparent by now that they have no intent to ever add this feature to the Mac OS.
    @Russ I disagree. Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they don't intend to. In fact, they would typically mark this thread as "Not Planned" if there was a definite decision not to add this feature to Quicken Mac.

RusG said:
    One would think Quicken would see some value in implementing this feature.Considering Quicken's sizable user base ($$$) it shouldn't be difficult to allocate some time to this long overdue feature.
    @RusG I agree with your first sentence; I disagree with the second. The issue is that there are 500+ feature requests for Quicken Mac. This might be at or near the top of your list, but the developers are always juggling the massive list of requests to determine which things get done when. Perhaps this feature may not have been tackled yet because it required other underlying features to be implemented first. Or because of a large amount of time it would take to implement. Or because they believe other features are more in demand or have more impact on more users. There's no way we can know what their thinking is. But I wouldn't conclude they don't see value in it, or that they don't plan to do it. Hopefully they will.
  • MattRuben
    MattRuben Member
    I have quicken Deluxe 6.6.2 for Mac and the Savings Goals and the planning tools in general would be nice. As it is kind of a waste to pay for it or advertise that quicken is supported for mac and pc but the features are different
  • LTENY
    LTENY Member
    I have been a Quicken User for many many years. The lack of this feature for Mac is the only reason I continue to use Windows on my Mac and continue to use Quicken for Windows. It is an imperfect and inconvenient solution at best. PLEASE add the Savings Goals feature to the Mac version, this is a very important feature for many users.
  • TWin
    TWin Member ✭✭
    I loved this feature in Windows. I will say, I was happy to see they added the feature pretty prominently in the August 31, 2022 survey I was invited to take. It was high on my priority list.
  • kenbard
    kenbard Member
    > @Jordbarnet said:
    > Please add me to the list who wants savings goals ported over. Especially with the forthcoming silicon macs!
    >

Add me also... I have used YNAB and Mvelopes (which is recently announced they are shutting down) and I really miss these style of budgeting... it is so much more simple to keep spending under control
  • Oceanfront
    Oceanfront Member ✭✭
    Now I realize why I cannot find this feature. Come on Quicken, this is soooooo critical in maintaining good budgets. Please add me to your beta testing team!!!!
  • Afranklyn
    Afranklyn Member ✭✭
    Please add the savings goals feature to the Mac as I'm not a Windows user and really need this feature.
  • mick1313
    mick1313 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Been a Quicken user for over 20 years, recently swtiched to the mac a few years ago, and I am amazed that Savings goals is still not in development.  This is a no brainer and one of the best things about Quicken.  Being able to hide money from myself is a game changer.  Please add it to the mac, it makes great cents! (a little money humor).
  • k.ashton1
    k.ashton1 Member
    Please add savings goal feature for Mac users. Perhaps you'll offer Mac users a discount for the lack of functionality between Mac and Windows versions? I'm a new Quicken Mac user (Deluxe) and am disappointed that the functionalities advertised on the website were for Windows users.
  • jacobs
    @[email protected] There have been fewer features in the Mac versions than the Windows versions for decades... so I wouldn't count on receiving any discount now. ;) (Especially since they don't sell one platform or the other any more; you buy a subscription which lets you use either platform or both -- so they couldn't discount one.)
  • HQ
    HQ Member ✭✭✭
    I totally agree. There have been NO major function upgrades to base Quicken for mac FUNCTION in over two years. Mostly minor incremental, report , home page, investment planning changes, or fixing banking and financial firm issues.  
  • jacobs
    @HQ I'm by no means arguing against the developers building Savings Goals; I think it definitely should be added — but I do disagree with your statement. I consider some of the enhancements in Quicken in the past 2+ years to be very helpful. That doesn't mean they were the things at the top of my wishlist, or at the top of your wishlist -- but I disagree with saying they were minor just because you wanted something else.

I like certain parts of the Home and the Investment Dashboards. I really like being able to accurately see my investment asset allocations in the Dashboard and Portfolio. Reconciliation history was an excellent addition. Dark mode was a big project and win for those who prefer to use their Macs in dark mode. Easy Answer reports and reports with subtotals at the bottom are small, but big, improvements. Lots of other improvements which are indeed incremental, but make the program better/easier to work with. We could quibble over your definition of "major function upgrades to base Quicken", but my only point is the developers have been adding useful functionality and fixing some annoying longstanding bugs and shortcomings. The work clearly isn't nearly done; the list of feature requests is still quite long -- including the one that's the topic of this thread.
  • Otter
    Otter Member
    Adding another vote to have this added to the mac version.
  • User251646
    User251646 Member ✭✭✭
    Here’s another vote for adding savings goals to the Mac version of Quicken. Thank you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
  • jacobs
    @User251646 @Otter Make sure you actually added a vote by going to the first page of this thread and clicking the counter in the yellow box under the first post. Comments here are useful for adding why you want a feature, or how you wish it were implemented, but you only add a vote by actually clicking in the yellow vote box. 😀
  • User251646
    User251646 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@jacobs, thank you. I thought I voted and incremented the counter, but I went back to check and apparently I had not.

Quicken Mac Subscription
  • ummasmith
    ummasmith Member ✭✭
    I want to see savings goals added to the Mac version. I used Quicken for Windows for years - in fact, so long, I can't remember NOT using Quicken for my checkbook. I bought a MacBook last week and migrated my Quicken. I am extremely disappointed to see savings goals are not in the Mac version. I registered my vote on the first page. I hope everyone else did, so we can let Quicken know how many of us want the savings goal feature.
  • HQ
    HQ Member ✭✭✭

Too bad this is a broken record of user feedback.

• Cal395
    Cal395 Member

Quicken, can you please add Savings Goals to the Mac Version. So many of us see a huge value in it. Thank you

• Oceanfront
    Oceanfront Member ✭✭

I just quit using Quicken for Mac because I got tired of waiting for this necessary feature and having to implement the manually cumbersome workaround every month because QUicken refuses to add this feature that they have added to all the other products, including their new online Simplifi product, for 6+ years now. It is flat our ridiculous, given how many people need it, that for more than 6+ years you would not provide it.