Net worth and account balances are totally screwed up.

When I pull up Reports, and look at Net Worth or Account Balance reports, they are off by significant amounts. On further exam, there are several investment accounts that show negative balances, while others have balances larger than actual. I have opened the Accounts from the Report page, and it shows virtually all transactions show "Unrealized Gain" in all accounts. Makes no sense. It should report the total holdings of each account as of the date selected. Instead, it reports some mishmash or account balances totalled with all these crazy transactions. What gives? This has never happened in the 14 years or so I have used Quicken. The Net Worth and Account Balance calculations on the right side of the home page are correct, but not when I try to print Reports.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @edellis903,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• edellis903
    edellis903 Member ✭✭
    Did nothing. Same result. Any other ideas? Why did this just happen? Never happened before.
  • Hello @edellis903,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the trouble. 

Are you using saved reports, or running new ones? I have seen at times old saved reports that can show strange behaviors like this. If you are using a saved report, please try running a new one and get back to me. 

Thank you,

Quicken Alyssa

• edellis903
    edellis903 Member ✭✭
    New Report. Go to either Account Balances or Net Worth. Same same.
  • Hello again, @edellis903,

Thank you for providing a response!

I would like to try this in a "test" file. Just so we can determine if the issue is is in the software itself or in your file. To do this you will go up to File in the top left corner of your Quicken. From the menu options, click on Copy or Backup Quicken File.

Once you do that, a box will pop up with three options. You want to choose "Create a copy or template".

You click "Next" in the bottom right corner. Now you will have new options in the box. 

You can just leave everything in this box the way it is and click "Save Copy", in the bottom right corner of this box. It will then ask you if you would like to open the "Original" or the "New Copy". Select "New Copy" and then click ok. When the new file opens, try running the same reports that you were in the original file. Is the issue still present?

Look forward to hearing your next update!

Quicken Alyssa

• edellis903
    edellis903 Member ✭✭
    Still Present. No change. Thanks for your help
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @edelellis903,

Thank you for following up, though I apologize for the delay in our response.

At this point, it may be best if you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• edellis903
    edellis903 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.