Disappearing Categories

:/ I have used Quicken for probably 30 years and was always happy with it until I was forced to switch to the subscription. I have a persistent problem with transactions to which I have assigned a category reverting back to uncategorized at random times. I have called and talked with support about this on at least two occasions and have been told to use a back up to retrieve the categories, or to reassign them manually. I have had to start checking for uncategorized transactions regularly because otherwise I forget what they were. The whole point of this software is to track so that I don't have to remember. I am very disappointed and frustrated. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Sorry (mistakenly posting in a Mac thread, I'm a Windows user).
    I'm not experiencing what you describe.  By any chance are you syncing to Mobile/Web?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you using the Quicken mobile app or web interface? Syncing between your desktop file's data and Quicken's cloud version of your data seems to often surface as the culprit in such issues. If you've got Sync turned on but don't really use the mobile app/web, I'd suggest turning Sync off ad then reseting your Cloud data to see if that stops the mysterious re-categorizations you've experienced.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BConley
    BConley Member
    I am using Quicken on my desktop (iMac) only. I checked and synch is not enabled. I looked at preferences/connected services/cloud accounts and found 5 accounts. I can't imagine why I need more than my one account. Maybe that is the problem? How do I get rid of the other 4 accounts?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can simply delete the other cloud accounts. Since only one cloud account is associated with each data file at a time, it seems unlikely that would be the cause of your problem, but there's no reason not to delete the cloud account other than the one used by your current data file. To do that, when you click on See All Cloud Accounts, just click on the one(s) you don't want and click the – (bus sign) icon to delete them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BConley
    BConley Member
    Thank you. I'll do that and see if it helps the problem.
This discussion has been closed.