Fidelity Connection issues

Options
BHunk
BHunk Member
I have not been able to connect to my fidelity accounts for over a week now. I have been receiving messages that the username/password are not valid. I have disconnected all my Fidelity accounts, deleted the accounts from the key chain and then go in to "re-add" the Fidelity accounts and when I enter my username and password, red arrows pop up next to each field and it will not allow me to continue. I have Quicken for Mac and am operating on the latest release. Please help.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @BHunk,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message you described receiving, did there happen to also be any specific error code(s) associated with the error message that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BHunk
    BHunk Member
    Options
    i have been able to resolve this issue. but I am still having to input my multifactor security questions for many of my accounts (target, chase, etc.) every time I sync. It's very annoying.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @BHunk,

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to resolve your issue. If you don't mind, can you tell us what steps you took to reach that resolution? This may be helpful for others who have the same issue in the future. 

As for the security questions, although they can be annoying, they are there for your protection. That being said, if you don't want to have to answer those security questions, you may be able to change your security preferences on the banks' websites. Not all banks will allow these changes, but many do. 

Hope that helps, look forward to hearing your resolution steps! Thanks again.

Quicken Alyssa
This discussion has been closed.