Wells Fargo Advisors Investment Account

Reed1003
Reed1003 Member
I am having difficulty downloading this account from Wells Fargo.
In the process of either continuing with Quicken or going to [Removed - Solicitation]. [Removed - Solicitation] is downloading my Wells Fargo Investment Account with ease.

Are there users experiencing my same issue? Quicken says it's a WFA issue.... WFA says it's a Quicken issue.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @Reed1003,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

There is a special process for connecting Direct Connect accounts with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo Advisors does investments, as you know, which require Direct Connect. That being said, please use this Wells Fargo link to connect your accounts, if you haven't done so already. The link takes you to a special login page for Wells Fargo. You will put in your credentials, and then a ten-minute timer will start. You will have only ten minutes to log in to your Quicken software. Don't worry, if for some reason the time runs out, you can use the link provided above again.

Please let me know if these steps resolve your issue. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Reed1003
    Reed1003 Member
    Thank you for the reply. I did as you instructed. I had performed this action before with the same results I received tonight. There is a file received and when I import the file to Quicken... the same results... no transactions. Very odd.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Reed1003,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Reed1003 said:
    Thank you for the reply. I did as you instructed. I had performed this action before with the same results I received tonight. There is a file received and when I import the file to Quicken... the same results... no transactions. Very odd.
    Based on what you described above, it sounds like you are downloading and importing a Web Connect QFX file. These files are usually downloaded from the bank website before being imported to Quicken making it a 2-step download or is also known as a manual download. Is QFX the file type that you are describing?

If so, this is different from Direct Connect as Direct Connect is an automatic download set up from directly within the Quicken program. However, Wells Fargo requires that you authorize Direct Connect first before it will allow you to establish this connection method in Quicken, which is what the link Quicken Alyssa previously you with is for.

If you don't mind, please clarify the process you described above so we can better assist you further! 
    Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Reed1003
    Reed1003 Member
    Thanks for the reply. I've had WFA send me a code, input the code and informed I have ten minutes to connect. I've used Quicken Direct Connect and the file download options. I've even been on phone support with your company. The phone support people tell me they can do no more. So, if there's truly something I'm missing.... I'm all in.
  • Hello again, @Reed1003,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I apologize for the continued issues that you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, it is a little tricky to identify what exactly is going wrong here. I really think that it may have something to do with enrollment or permissions from the financial institutions' side. I do not see any errors in your account from our side. I hope you don't mind answering some more questions, to help us get a better idea of what is happening here. 

Has this account ever been connected in Quicken? Are you getting any errors in your Quicken software when you attempt to connect or do the import? When you spoke to Wells Fargo Advisors, did they enable your account for both Quicken and the other software you are using? 

I do hope that we can get to the bottom of this for you, and look forward to hearing back from you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• wizm
    wizm Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @Reed1003 Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having exactly the same issue as you and can't figure out how to get this fixed. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.