Can't find Release Notes for R36.38

Gregg107
Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
Today, QW advised me a new update is available (R36.38). I never apply an update without reviewing the release notes first. However I cannot find the release notes for R36.38. The Release Notes for R36.23 are the last shown on the support site. You *can* see the release notes for R36.38 when the release link is shown after a one-step update, just not on the web support page.

Answers

• Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    I captured the text from the update release notes - it was over 1000 lines and displayed versions back till Version R2 (October, 2017) !?!?!

Also after I updated my PNC checking and savings accounts were duplicated - only with a starting balance and a single transaction :/ - I deleted the bogus accounts and re-updated. Everything appears normal now. WTF?
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    They will probably publish the release notes very soon.  Till then the latest post here may help: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899697/windows-r36-xx-release-us#latest

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Note for people that get an offer to install the new update after doing One Step Update (which includes people getting it before it is released to the general public), you can see the release notes before installing like this:

Help -> Download Latest Version, puts up the same dialog.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Think I'll wait a bit, even though I have Schwab - to see if there is any fallout from the weekend release of R36.38...
    Who releases a rushed update over the weekend - when support is closed...  remember the New Years update...
    All releases should be beginning of week ala Microsoft.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Ps56k2 said:
    Think I'll wait a bit, even though I have Schwab - to see if there is any fallout from the weekend release of R36.38...
    Who releases a rushed update over the weekend - when support is closed...  remember the New Years update...
    All releases should be beginning of week ala Microsoft.
    Actually the "stagged release" went out last week and there have already been a few threads started on what people are seeing.  I have a feeling that this has been in the works for sometime, and the push is because of EDIT Schwab's timing more than anything.  But yeah the timing of releases could be better.
    Signature:
  • Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I've been using Quicken far too long...I've seen releases where those notes are not accessible in-app as shown in the screenshot. So I *never* update in-app during a OSU session. I *always* clean up all downloaded transactions, make a backup and then do the update as a separate stand-alone session. And so I'll often just browse to the support site to see the latest release notes. In this case there were none, and still are none at this link: Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows (scroll down to the Release Notes section of the page).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gregg107 said:
    I've been using Quicken far too long...I've seen releases where those notes are not accessible in-app as shown in the screenshot. So I *never* update in-app during a OSU session. I *always* clean up all downloaded transactions, make a backup and then do the update as a separate stand-alone session. And so I'll often just browse to the support site to see the latest release notes. In this case there were none, and still are none at this link: Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows (scroll down to the Release Notes section of the page).
    In that case then my recommendation is "you have to be patient", that is literally the last place they update.
    Signature:
  • Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    The content exists so it is a simple matter to post it to the support site. But you are correct: with Quicken you have to be patient. Nonetheless, I now have the information I need.
  • smn
    smn Member
    After up-dating to R36.38 my screen only shows blue & white, no normal colors.