Unable to Update Alliant CU (Mac)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Download Transactions from Alliant.

Comments

• wandarabb
    wandarabb Member ✭✭
    I am also having problems downloading from Alliant Credit Union. I disconnected the downloads and was going to reconnect, but because my Alliant Credit Union (alliantcreditunion.org) in Chicago isn't on the list of banks, I can't even set up the download again. Anyone have a solution for me? It has always worked fine for me until today.
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Yes, I’m seeing it too. Quicken’s downloading from Alliant Credit union broke today, November 1, 2021.

> CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101:General error. The name and value of post parameter can’t be null

[Removed - Speculation/Disruptive]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wandarabb & @Avi Dee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error 101.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja I also started seeing this error this morning. I've reviewed the support article and will attempt the steps, but if what @wandarabb is experiencing is happening to all users, then we will not be able to add back the accounts.

Can you tell us what changed to have caused this and need to delete/add the accounts?

Thanks
  • Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    With no change on my end, the sync/downloads are now working, Although new transactions were downloaded in triplicate :(
  • Quicken Anja
    @Ron Mellum it is hard to say exactly what may have caused the issue/error though if it's happening across multiple/all users, then usually it would indicate an issue within the servers such as a temporary outage, interruption, or change that has occurred. 

As for the triplicate downloads, I suggest deleting the duplicates (triplicates) as deleting downloaded transactions will prevent them from re-downloading. If needed, please refer to this support article for instructions. Also, please be sure to click the Mac tab to review the proper guidance.

Going forward, keep an eye on the account for your next download. Usually, duplicate downloads are a one-time occurrence and should not re-occur. However, if it does reoccur on your next download session, then please don't hesitate to reach back out and report it so we can further investigate.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    The EWC connection with Alliant Credit Union did break yesterday 11/1/21. I deactivated online access, and was unable to add it back, until this morning 11/2. I suspect this is something going on at ACU. We do know that they've been blocking EWC access during the morning hours due to perceived bandwidth issues.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    @Quicken Anja I synced the accounts today and the Alliant transactions were downloaded in triplicate again. I had deleted them last week. I also had reconciled the accounts/transactions and after the download, some of the duplicate transactions were no longer shown as reconciled.
    Is this somehow related to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901182/new-11-4-21-duplicate-downloaded-transactions-for-direct-connect-accounts#latest ?

I also notice that the same issue of triplicate transactions is occurring on Mint. I suppose that is to be expected as I suspect the same backend servers/storage is used.

Should I start a new thread for this?
  • Quicken Anja
    @Ron Mellum Thank you for your response and for following up on the triplicate download issue.

Since this problem appears to be a repeating issue, and other users with Alliant have reported experiencing the same, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit all your log files so we can further investigate this. Also, please add "Alliant Credit Union - Duplicate Transaction Downloads" to the subject line, and in the description please provide a few written examples of the duplicate transactions by providing dates, amounts, and payees.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• wandarabb
    wandarabb Member ✭✭
    I am back again with issues with Alliant Credit Union. I first encountered the inability to download transactions on Nov 1, 2021. I finally deactivated and attempted to add the account again but MY Alliant Credit Union doesn't appear on the list now. I understand from reading the help files if your bank doesn't appear on the list it isn't available for Quicken downloads. I have been downloading transactions from Alliant for years. Does anyone know what happened? Incidentally, the Alliant Credit Union that does come up on the list of banks when I attempt to add it isn't the same bank I use. The web address for my Alliant Credit Union is alliantcreditunion.com/.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    @wandarabb That is the correct Alliant Credit Union. It may be displayed on the Quicken list as alliantcreditunion.org, but that address will redirect to alliantcreditunion.com. I have an account with them, and I recently deactivated and then reactivated online access, and it connected successfully.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Note that it seems like the backend has changed as of 9 December 2021 (the FITID is now a GUID). The download failures are less disastrous, as now I’m no longer getting triplicate entries, but I’m still constantly having to reset the connection putting in my username and password just about daily.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    @Avi Dee The connection has been working fine for me for several weeks. I haven't had to reset it or deactivate/reactivate. No duplicate or triplicate transactions. I do still avoid doing a OSU during the morning hours. One time I forgot, and got a CC-501 error. But I was able to download transactions that afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.