RE: Property vs. Business Tags affect Tax Planner Data

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898590/property-vs-business-tags-affect-tax-planner-data :(

Why is this discussion closed. I am having the same problem. How has this been addressed by development? How is this marked in the community posting?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a Moderator can close a post .... so one of them will need to respond to your query.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• thangtn
    thangtn Member ✭✭
    Just spent hours trying to figure out what I did wrong since I ran into same problem. I noticed that even as I specified "Schedule E:Rent Received" in the Tax Category, the detailed transaction shows the tax item as "Schedule E: Unspecified Rental Income", and there is no such line item in the Tax Planner.

I don't use the Rental module at all. I bought it but after entering data for a rental property, I didn't think it's worth the hassle. If deleting the module allows the tax planner to work properly, I'd do it. I could not figure out how though.
  • thangtn
    thangtn Member ✭✭
    I think I found a work-around:

Apparently when I enter a rental activity transaction in the Rental module, it creates a transaction in the rental account that i use to track rental income and expense, with the name of the rental property in the TAG field. So, when I create a new transaction directly on the rental account, without going thru the Rental module, I just add the name of property in the Tag field. And Tax Planner works!
This discussion has been closed.