Make Help text copyable

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Display/UI
The text in online help may be selected, but not copied to the clipboard. It should be copyable.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Tagged:
18 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That would make it easier to show users what it says, and if we are requesting changes or updates.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Meanwhile ... you know, until the programmers get a round tuit ... access the Help Server from your browser
    https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Quicken+for+Mac+Help or
    https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Quicken+Windows+Help
    locate the desired Help page there and try to cut & paste from your browser.
    You could also use the Windows Snipping Tool or Shift-PrtScreen to capture an image of the text in question to an image file, crop unneeded portions of the image, etc. You know the drill.

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭✭
    To me, @Chris_QPW idea seems the best way to handle this!
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    I agree w/ Chris. Dump the limited embedded web browser.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

good ideas

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree completely with the Idea of this discussion.

While waiting for Quicken to implement the improvement, users may be able to work around the limitation.

In my tests, when a Help topic is first displayed, there is some text with a
    link in the lower left of the Help window. The text reads: "Slow connection?", the Link reads: "Switch to local help".

Switching to "local help", allows the user to Copy the resulting Help text (though not with a right-click menu option). Pressing CTRL+c, will copy the local Help text to the clipboard.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list