Fidelity Investments Downloads Stopped Working and Other Problems

wcarlip
wcarlip Member
Using Quicken for Mac. As of roughly October 6, 2021 following Quicken update to Version 6.4.2 (Build 604.41752.100) downloads of transactions from my Fidelity accounts no longer work. The error reported is "Download Error 2003; Incorrect Account ID. I have been doing this for many years without problem and my account ID has not changed. Mysteriously, it has also *added* a new account (my mother's trust account, for which I have login privileges but do NOT want to track in Quicken).

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @wcarlip,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific guidance found in this support article regarding error 2003.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @wcarlip,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific guidance found in this support article regarding error 2003.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja

• wcarlip
    wcarlip Member
    Thanks for replying. I read the article, and all it says is to contact my financial institution. Given that nothing has changed at their end, while Quicken had a software update, I am pretty sure it is not their problem. In any case, it is nearly impossible to reach anyone there who knows anything about this aspect of their system. Is there anything else I should check?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @wcarlip

That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe it might help to try on a test file to see if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below.

File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web.

Once you've done this try adding your fidelity accounts and let us know if you're able to add them properly.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what our next steps will be.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Janet316
    Janet316 Member
    @Quicken Francisco

Never had a problem linking my Fidelity Accounts to Quicken Mac until the most recent update Version 6.4.2 (Build 604.41752.100), macOS 10.15.7.

After speaking with Fidelity Support and creating a test file, we determined that the problem is with Quicken. (Fidelity accounts will link to the new test file with my existing username and password.) I need to link my original Quicken files with my Fidelity accounts again so that I can preserve years of transaction detail.

Also, I note that when I select a Fidelity account and navigate to >Account Settings >Downloads, the "Update Login" button is grayed out and inoperable. This is not the case with my other accounts.

Please help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Janet316,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and for adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest disconnecting the account(s) experiencing this issue, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reconnecting the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and the Updated: " section displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• kentqkn
    kentqkn Member
    Also having the same problem since the last Quicken Update. Called Fidelity, they said looks like an issue on the quicken side. Can we have someone at Intuit please look into this bug that was introduced in the last Mac update. Thanks
  • kentqkn
    kentqkn Member
    I tried the above post and it fixed my problem. I also recently changed my password at Fidelity so deleting the existing keychain entities was probably the fix. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kentqkn

Thank you for your response. We apologize for the frustration but are glad you were able to get your issue resolved. If you come across any error or have questions please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • eswanborg
    eswanborg Member
    I have the same issues. I have made sure all Fidelity accounts in my Quicken file are unhidden, disconnected (none of them are connected at this point). Deleted Keychain entries. Tried to reconnect to NetBenefits site inside Quicken - same error as above. I used to have one working Fidelity account for my wife's info but now that one is disconnected and I can't even reconnect that one. I had been just trying to add a new Fidelity account for myself - now I have neither of us working. This definitely started with the latest update. Login info works correctly for both accounts on the Fidelity websites, so I know credentials are correct. Just cannot connect in Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @eswanborg

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the persisting issue. Could you attempt to restore a backup and let us know if you are getting the same error? Also, are the two accounts under the same credentials or different ones? 

When you have a moment please attempt the step(s) above and provide further details. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • eswanborg
    eswanborg Member
    Tried a back-up. Also didn't work. Got the update yesterday to v6.4.3 of Quicken - attempted to sign into NetBenefits again, still didn't work.

We have two separate logins for Fidelity - neither one will connect.
  • eswanborg
    eswanborg Member
    Another update. Got the latest update to Build 604.41834.100. Attempted again to setup NetBenefits - no change, still cannot Connect account.

Also - might be related - if I go to an existing Account (Chase) and update the transactions for only the one account (cmd-K) - not all online accounts - I still get an error at the end, two actually, both say the same thing:

Sync Error
    Warning
    Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    General Error

That window comes up twice - even though the selected account downloads and syncs all transactions successfully.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @eswanborg

Thank you for the additional information, which is quite helpful. I took a further look into your account and was unable to find any errors despite that you are getting them on your end. For this particular instance, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will assist you with pulling the log files to take a closer look into the General Error. 

To contact Quicken Support click here

Hope this helps. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • saryon
    saryon Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Download Error (2003) Invalid Account Id.
    I've also been using Quicken for Mac for several years. I've disconnected the account, and then during the reconnection process (I selected "Fidelity Investments Mac") it is able to connect. I link the account, select Detailed Transactions, and then get the following error: "Oops we're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Fidelity Investments Mac." And in tiny print below that, it says "The specific Account number does not correspond to one of the user's accounts." Which is so strange because I just selected the account and tried linking it. Please help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @saryon

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having difficulties connecting your account(s). For this particular instance, could you attempt to add the account in a test file, please?

To do this select File >New >Start from scratch. Once the test file has been created attempt to add the Fidelity account only. No other accounts are necessary. 

When you have a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Be specific if you do come across any error codes or messages. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • I will try again - I have done that in this process already once. But will try again
  • New File from Scratch. Tried adding only the previously-working Fidelity login info. Same error:

Server Communication Error
    There was a problem during communication with our servers:
    Can't setup 'Fidelity Netbenefits'
    OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)
  • One more test - I tried a new file from Scratch. Added known accounts via Chase and had no trouble. But if I try to add Netbenefits or now Bank of America, I get the errors above.
  • I am having the same problem as this thread. I completed the troubleshooting procedures listed above and everything worked fine except all the transactions in my various Fidelity accounts have disappeared. How do I retrieve the transactions?
This discussion has been closed.