Capital One Credit card - zero online balance

ruvitz
ruvitz Member ✭✭
For the past 4 months I have been having issues w/ downloading transactions on my capital one card. For a while it was the CC-501 issue, but that was resolved about 6 weeks ago. Since then I can download transactions fine, but it shows my online balance as zero w/ a random date (e.g. $0.00 as of May 1, 2014). This means I cannot reconcile using the online balance, only offline.

I have called Quicken support a few times but they cannot solve it. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ruvitz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    I tried. It didnt work
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    Having same issue. Past month has been a horrible experience downloading my Capital One Accounts. When I get home, not using Capital One CC anylonger and going to Chase which has no issues.
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    Tried both and still getting transactions downloaded, however online balance $0 or never changes from a few days ago. I logged off and logged back on. Frustrating to say the least. If I go to website, downloads transactions, but I get a slew of old downloaded transactions which messes me up.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ruvitz & @MICKEYBNY,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We suspect that this zero balance issue is part of a known issue with Capital One that we currently have an open escalation ticket for with our service provider. You can refer to this open Community Alert for more information.

However, our teams are still looking to gather more data for this investigation. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit your log files and please add "CTP-2853" to the subject line.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    just reported the problem and sent log files. hope it helps. i am not switching from cap one, so need to fix this
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    I unchecked box to use online balance and will use statement balance to reconcile until fixed. Appears an ongoing issue with Capital One. I am thankful transactions are at least downloading to register.
  • ruvitz
    ruvitz Member ✭✭
    FYI, the issue was fixed for me (finally - been like this since July 2021) on the quicken update I did today!
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    Mine working finally, too. Thanks.
  • MICKEYBNY
    MICKEYBNY Member ✭✭
    CC-501 error occurred again today. What a pain in the rear.
This discussion has been closed.