How do I move Quicken 2016 from old laptop to new laptop?

Options
turo
turo Member
I have Quicken Deluxe 2016, version R19.5 installed on an old laptop. I would like to install it onto my new laptop. The new laptop does not have a cd drive. I have the quicken data backed up on a flash drive.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There is no way to just move the program from one computer to another.  You have to install it and that requires having the Quicken 2016 installation program. 
    If you have it on a CD, you can copy it to a thumbdrive using a different computer (friend or library) and do the install from there.  If you saved it as a download, then copy it to the new computer for the install (you pick the method).
    Once installed, download / save / execute the Release 19.5 Mondo patch that you can download from this link: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html
    After that, you can do a restore of your backup.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• whanafi
    whanafi Member
    Options

I have routinely installed Quicken 2016 Home and Business on my desktop and laptop (used while travelling). However my laptop just died and when I install 2016 H&B on the new one, the program installs, there is a flash of my data, then the screen is blanked. What gives? How do I get this to work?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.