Mistaken date change put transaction out of order. How do I get it back in it's original place?

Options
Bayguy
Bayguy Member ✭✭
This is a cash account so it's not tied to a bank statement. The transaction in question is a couple of years old and now it shows up in the account as yesterday. This really messes up my account. I don't know the original date, so how do I get it back where it belongs?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To expand on Chris_QPW's response, do the restore but don't overwrite the existing file (make a copy), find the correct date for the transaction in the restored file and change it in the original file that has it wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only way would be to restore from a backup.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To expand on Chris_QPW's response, do the restore but don't overwrite the existing file (make a copy), find the correct date for the transaction in the restored file and change it in the original file that has it wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bayguy
    Bayguy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks a bunch to Splasher and Chris. That makes sense although I was hoping for a simpler solution. (Hey Quicken, how about a back button like "ctrl Z" in MS word?) Making the copy of the existing file is an important part so that I'm sure I can get back to it. Bravo for the quick responses.
This discussion has been closed.