Trouble with Bank Bill Pay, PNC Bank

Cannot have PNC send a check using Bill Pay. My PNC account can be updated, but no checks issued. Error message "Account does not support Bank Bill Pay". Quicken help line advises problem must be with my bank. The bank help line says my account is active for Bill Pay. They suggest deleting my account and re-entering it. I am afraid I could lose all my history and data if I delete my account. Note, long time Quicken user here. What to do?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Loren,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Before you begin any troubleshooting attempts, please save a backup of your data file (just in case).

Then, to start with, could you please try disabling Bank Bill Pay and then re-enabling it to see if this may help resolve the issue? To do so, please open Settings located on the bottom-right of the register and then navigate to the Bill Pay tab.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Loren
    Loren Member ✭✭
    I opened settings as you suggested and tried to update my login (I need to confirm I have the correct password). I got an error message "Server Communication Error. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers....". See photo attached of error message. Please advise what to do now?
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up and for providing the screenshot of the error you received.

Next, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services to see if it will resolve the error and allow you to reconnect. Please, follow the instructions provided below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Loren
    Loren Member ✭✭
    I signed out and signed back in. Still cannot update the bank account. This will wait until next week. I called the bank a couple of days ago and they are snail mailing me a new password. Perhaps they closed out my account until I sign in with the new password. It will arrive in a couple more days. Will update you later.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Loren

Thank you for the additional information. We apologize for the nuisance of this issue, but please do keep us updated so that we may provide further guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Loren
    Loren Member ✭✭
    My problem is fixed. New bank password worked after further diagnosis. A download setting had changed and needed to be reset to "direct connect". I had not made the change in that setting. I believe the Quicken software automatically changed it during a recent software update. All is well now.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.