Problems with American Express Accounts

Options
I have a strange issue. Since August, charges made using my credit cards DECREASE the balance shown while payments also DECREASE the balance shown. This started around September 1st. I tried re-setting the accounts in Quicken but that didn't work. The two Amex cards are the only cards affected by this issue. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ejr62,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ejr62 said:
    I have a strange issue. Since August, charges made using my credit cards DECREASE the balance shown while payments also DECREASE the balance shown. This started around September 1st. I tried re-setting the accounts in Quicken but that didn't work. The two Amex cards are the only cards affected by this issue. Any thoughts?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, i.e., your account register with column headers and Balance column, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

Also please tell us how you download transactions from AmEx: with One Step Update or by downloading a transaction file from the web server and importing same into Quicken.