Schwab Transaction Tab Unavailable/Greyed Out after Updating [edited]

bethwr
bethwr Member ✭✭
I updated the Schwab details as Quicken indicated I would need to do. Following an online transaction update, it has REIMPORTED EVERY TRANSACTION going back to May 1!!

I am beside myself. It will take days to fix this. Beyond that, the transaction tab on the brokerage accounts are all greyed out.

Please help!

Edited to add: I was able to restore a backup, and then tried the update again. Same thing. All transactions that were historically downloaded have downloaded again. Furthermore, every time I perform a transaction update, it makes me repeat the Schwab new sign in process.

Comments

• dan.greenberg.ct
    dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I had a similar issue this morning. it downloaded a bunch of 0 share $0.00 transactions that I was able to sort and delete without too much effort. Sounds like yours is worse if there are actual transactions but maybe sort the uncleared transactions and delete those? I also get prompted to sign in each time but I can't tell if it's actually needed as the last update shows the most recent attempt even after not signing in again. I won't know for sure until there are some actual transactions though.
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Yea. I tried to update this morning and it made me log into Schwab and agree to the Schwab terms. Then it gave me a screen to link the Schwab accounts to my existing Quicken accounts - so far so good (I thought).

Then all seemed well and the update complected. But low and behold ALL of my transactions were gone. tracking my transaction history for years. Now it only shows what is currently in Schwab and no transaction history.

I also reverted to a backup file, but now I can not update Schwab at all without it distroying all transaction history (going back to 1960).

Not good!!!
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Yea. I tried to update this morning and it made me log into Schwab and agree to the Schwab terms. Then it gave me a screen to link the Schwab accounts to my existing Quicken accounts - so far so good (I thought).

Then all seemed well and the update complected. But low and behold ALL of my transactions were gone. tracking my transaction history for years. Now it only shows what is currently in Schwab and no transaction history.
    Exactly the same... ALL TRANSACTIONS ERASED it seems... or at least, the Transactions tab is greyed out and cannot be selected.

Agree.. this is terrible... can restore backup, but how do we know when it will be safe to link Schwab accounts and download again?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @macuser_22 @MontanaKarl There is a simple solution. If your Transactions tab is grayed out, open the settings for the account and change the investment tracking from Simple to Detailed. Something in this update must be setting the account to Simple tracking. Once it's set back to Detailed, all your transactions will then be visible again. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • VinceSkahan
    VinceSkahan Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    If your Transactions tab is grayed out, open the settings for the account and change the investment tracking from Simple to Detailed. Something in this update must be setting the account to Simple tracking. Once it's set back to Detailed, all your transactions will then be visible again. 

THANK YOU for posting that. Our Schwab Roth accounts got switched to Simple during the latest upgrade for Schwab compatibility (Mac version).
  • MontanaKarl
    jacobs said:
    @macuser_22 @MontanaKarl There is a simple solution. If your Transactions tab is grayed out, open the settings for the account and change the investment tracking from Simple to Detailed. Something in this update must be setting the account to Simple tracking. Once it's set back to Detailed, all your transactions will then be visible again. 

Thanks, @jacobs !!  Glad this is just a minor bug and not a big one.  If I had not just clicked 'continue' over and over during the account migration/setup process, I might have noticed the attached screenshot...which I see while repeating the process from my backup file... and which clearly showed that Quicken was changing my account to Simple Tracking.   I clicked on Detailed Tracking on this screen this time and all is good.  Thanks for noting that this can be changed in the account settings at any time.

Whew.  Thanks again.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried 38.36,  but I don't use Schwab, but had issues it took me hours to fix. I eventually reloaded R36.23 to fix!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I tried 38.36,  but I don't use Schwab, but had issues it took me hours to fix. I eventually reloaded R36.23 to fix!
    You posted this in a Quicken Mac thread.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • macuser_22
    macuser_22 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @jacobs I must have missed that screen when I did it the first time (I did not realize that it did not default to detailed). Re-did and it works now.

HOWEVER, It changed the connect type from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect. Settings allows me to change the connection type back to DC and then choose "zz Charles Schwab" (seems that zz before Schwab is the direct connect link now). That changed it to direct connect, but It will not update with direct connect - makes me go back to Schwab again and that changes it back to Quicken Connect.

I never saw anything that said this Schwab change would prevent Direct Connect from working. It seems like it will only update using Quicken Connect. That still does not seem right.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [removed - off-topic/post categorization has been corrected]
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    edited November 2021
  • MontanaKarl
    edited November 2021

• MontanaKarl
    edited November 2021

• Chuck1
    Chuck1 Member
    Quicken should test these changes before you let Schwab or any other company make changes to their log in. We pay good money for this program. I have been using Quicken since it originally came out.
  • Daffy Duck
    Daffy Duck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    jacobs said:

Thanks - this issue sure had me scared I had lost my data. Easy fix - but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
  • dan.greenberg.ct
    Has anyone else had the issue above where Quicken contuse to request authentication with Schwab even after successfully connecting, and if so, does cancelling the subsequent requests still download transactions?
This discussion has been closed.