UBS IRA account correct when first added to Quicken, then wrong balance after update

I have two IRA accounts (mine and my spouse's) that I track with Quicken Deluxe for Mac Version 6.4.4 (Build 604.41834.100) on macOS 12.0.1. My spouse's account was added without an issue and updates properly. I am able to add my account and see the correct balance when it gets added to Quicken. But the amount gets reduced by more than $31k upon the first update, and stays incorrect from that point on. If I delete the account and re-add it, the amount is correct when added, and wrong again once updated.

I have many accounts in Quicken and this is the only one with this issue. Anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve it?

Answers

• Hello @PhillyMike,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. I do have a couple of questions if that's alright.

What method are you using to update your account? Are you using the One Step Update (OSU) button, or are you downloading a file from the financial institution and importing that?

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify those things for me.

Quicken Alyssa

• Hi, Alyssa. It’s a direct connection using one step update.
  • @PhillyMike,

Can I have you go to Help>Report a Problem, and send over the log files so I can take a look at them for you? Also, can you please open a new file for us to test this in?

To do this;
    1. Go to File.
    2. Click New.
    3. Select Start from scratch and click Next.
    4. Click Next again.
    5. Now Add your IRA first.
    6. Add your wife's IRA second.
    7. Update the accounts. Do either change?

Let me know how this goes!

Quicken Alyssa
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you need to check if you have the right number of shares AND the right price per share.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Alyssa, I tried with a new file as you suggested, but got the same result... I added only my IRA and the proper balance was shown. After the first update, the balance falls by about $30K.
  • @PhillyMike,

Given that this is the behavior of the account in the test file as well, and that the account is connected using the Direct Connection method, I am going to have to refer you to the financial institution.

Direct connect is the bank's connection method, and it leaves us limited on what we can see or troubleshoot. You will need to reach out to them for further assistance with this.

I apologize for the inconvenience, do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Quicken Alyssa
This discussion has been closed.