Adding Robinhood Brokerage

debbeh
debbeh Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Investing (Mac)
Hi,

I would recommend adding Robinhood Brokerage to Quicken's list in order to download the transactions directly. At this point, we have to do in manually. This is already available on many other budgeting platforms.

Thanks

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your request can't be fixed by Quicken.  ONLY RobinHood can satisfy this request by signing the contract with Q/Intuit to become a "Participating Financial Institution".
    What any other platform does is immaterial.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• debbeh
    debbeh Member ✭✭✭
    HI, NotACPA,

Actually when contacting Robinhood and Wealthsimple Trade for this, they both informed me its up to Quicken to request this and add it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    debbeh said:
    HI, NotACPA,

Actually when contacting Robinhood and Wealthsimple Trade for this, they both informed me its up to Quicken to request this and add it.

They're BSing you. They MUST sign the contract with Q/Intuit to make this happen.  Q can't sign the contract for them.

• debbeh
    debbeh Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info, lets hope if Quicken can do something here. I'll report this to Both Robinhood and Wealthsimple.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q can do NOTHING until they sign the contract.

• debbeh
    debbeh Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Thank you @jacobs,

Just for info, I do have [Removed - Solicitation] account and Robinhood connects to it fine. Also Wealthsimple Invest connects but not Wealthsimple trade yet.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    debbeh said:
    NOPE - Quicken is just a vendor -
    and ANY bank or brokerage has to purchase a contract with Quicken to provide connection and download services..... 
    Some other vendors may perform a carefully crafted "screen scraping" where they login as you, and screen capture the online web display screen to transcribe the data fields.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @debbeh

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. When it comes to brokerages Quicken needs Direct Connect in order to download information for brokerages. In order to do this the Broker would need to set up the connection in order to have Quicken connect directly to their servers. As such if you would like to have Robinhood as an available broker I would recommend contacting Robinhood to see if it would be possible to set up. If you'd like more information about direct connect I'll leave a link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• debbeh
    debbeh Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • DDayii
    DDayii Member
    NotACPA, if this were true, why can you add Robinhood on Quickens Simplifi? Are you sure this isn't a Quicken issue?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I believe that Robinhood will not download individual transactions, just account holdings and balances. (I don't know if that's a technical limitation on their end, or them not wanting to pay Intuit for Direct Connect services.) In any case, the recent introduction of Simple Investing accounts in Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows was the necessary groundwork to allow Quicken Connect connections to brokerages like Robinhood. I don't know how soon we'll see this in Quicken Mac, but it is something the developers are working towards. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PPro
    PPro Member
    Has anyone gotten an update on when you'll be able to use Robinhood with quicken? Im building more $$ there and it would be good to track
  • debbeh
    debbeh Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hi @PPro

Unfortunately still nothing. Robinhood is now showing on the list but can’t connect.
This discussion has been closed.