Scheduled updates have to be reset after Windows' reboot

Every time Windows reboots my Quicken scheduled updates have to be reset. Is this happening to everyone? Is there a solution? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rob Sills, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To obtain a better understanding of the issue more information is needed. For instance, where do you store your main/active file(s)? How long has this issue been persisting?

Please elaborate and provide further detail so that we may move forward in diagnosing/troubleshooting this issue as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Rob Sills
    Rob Sills Member ✭✭
    Thanks Paloma. I store my files on an external hard drive which is backed up to Dropbox. I've been having this problem for years, but just haven't raised the issue. I set my schedule by using the Tools menu and the schedule updates action. Once scheduled the system works fine until there's a Windows reboot, after which I have to set up the schedule again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Rob Sills,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize for the trouble you're experiencing.

We strongly advise against saving your main data file on an external hard drive or a Cloud-based backup location such as DropBox (as well as any other cloud-based drive folders) as this can cause irreversible data damage and/or corruption. For this reason, we strongly recommend keeping your main data file saved only on your local hard drive. By default, Quicken data files are saved and located in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken (see example below). 

Moving your main data file to be stored in a folder located on your local hard drive rather than an external and/or cloud-based drive may also help prevent the issue you are currently experiencing.

Please, refer to this support article for more information in regards to storing data files on cloud-based services such as DropBox.

Backup files, however, are fine to be saved to cloud-based drives.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rob Sills
    Rob Sills Member ✭✭
    Thanks Anja, which file is my main data file? Do I move just a single file off my external hard drive or multiple files, and if so which additional files need to be included? Can I use any Quicken function to ensure I get everything required moved, e.g. copy etc?
  • Hello again @Rob Sills,

Thank you for continuing to update us with your progress and questions.

If you go to File and click on Show this file on my computer, The File Explorer will open with your main data file highlighted. 

Once you have the file identified, you can move it to the default location mentioned in the previous comments. 

Let us know if you have any more questions and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.