How to add the XLKS - Invesco Technology S&P US Select Sector UCITS ETF to my portfolio.

Hi. I'm trying to add (XLKS.L) into my portfolio but Quicken updates the with another asset from Invesco (Small Cap).

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks to me like this ETF doesn't trade in the United States despite the "US" in the name.  Quicken doesn't cover foreign markets.
  • Tom Young
    edited November 2021
    It doesn't seem like this product is traded in the US.  You can't find it at Invesco's US site, you have to go to their overseas site, presumably based in England as the ETF is shown as trading in London.
  • Thank you. You're right. It is traded in LSE but quoted in USD and avail at sites like Money and Yahoo Finance.
  • Tom Young
    You'll have to select to enter the security manually, specifying the symbol and the name.  Price updates will also need to be done manually as Quicken doesn't have quotes for London.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    If you are getting incorrect prices downloaded, you should un-check Download Quotes for the security in the Security List. You can also change the ticker to blank or something unique other than XLKS to prevent the incorrect quote updates.

If you can find a source for downloading the prices of XLKS, you can import the prices into Quicken in CSV format. Marketwatch.com appears to be one source
    https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/xlks/download-data?countrycode=uk

You may have to manipulate the downloaded file in Excel to convert to a compatible format.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • @"Tom Young" , this is what I've been doing. I expected to do it automatically. @Jim_Harman. Good tip. Thank you.