Problems setting up Vanguard Ascensus Retirement (401k) account

Hi, I'm trying to setup my Vanguard Ascensus Retirement (401k) account in Quicken and keep getting various error messages. Normally I login via https://my.vanguardplan.com/vanguard/account/login.

I've tried:
- Vanguard Ascensus Retirement
- Vanguard Ascensus Retirement Plan
- FuturePlan by Ascensus
- Ascensus version of Vanguard Plans
- Ascensus - RPLink

I'm currently getting these errors depending on the retry attempt:
- BID = 67371
- BID = 66684
- BID = 67733

Any ideas?

Answers

• Hello @crg11,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Are you only getting this error for this one financial institution? BID errors are usually related to an internet connection. So the normal troubleshooting for this type of error would be as follows...

1. Check internet connection

2. Check for a VPN (disable temporarily if one is present, try adding the account again)

3. Reset internet modem

4. Restart the computer

The only two instances that match the URL that you provided are;

- Vanguard Ascensus Retirement
    - Vanguard Ascensus Retirement Plan

So I would suggest trying those ones before others. However, if you are able to update other accounts with other financial institutions in your Quicken software, then it is most likely not an internet issue. In that case, you will need to contact Vangaurd for further insight on the issue. 

Do let us know how this goes!

Quicken Alyssa

• crg11
    crg11 Member ✭✭
    I can assure you my internet connection is working just fine :)

Tonight I get a new error, Alyssa:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:FDP-102)
  • crg11
    crg11 Member ✭✭
    Also retried with same login again and received this error right after the one above:

OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @crg11,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit all of your log files so we can review them and further investigate these errors you are receiving?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• crg11
    crg11 Member ✭✭
    Anja, I just did, do you need anything else?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @crg11 Thank you for submitting your logs!

That's all we will need for now. Please bear with us while we review your logs. We will reach back out if we need more information and inform you of what the next plan of action will be after the logs have been thoroughly reviewed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmha
    hmha Member
    I'm having the same issue. Is there a known solution?
  • Hello @hmha & @crg11,

Thank you for taking the time to add to this Community discussion.

Anyone who is now getting a 102 error will need to submit log files so we can escalate the issue. unfortunately, we also have to show that we get the same error in a test file (in this case we do), and we have to show that we have been getting the error for more than 24 hours. That usually requires a second log file submission. 

Another thing I need everyone to do before I am able to continue with an escalation is to change your passwords for the financial institution if they have special characters. If a special character is required, please use punctuation (. , ? !). Then use this link to verify that you are able to log in to Vanguard Ascensus Retirement.

Thank you all for your participation and patience with this process. Let us know when all of the steps are completed and we will move forward with the escalation,

Quicken Alyssa
  • Mtate
    Mtate Member
    Same issue here. AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:FDP-102) Chatted on Saturday to be redirected to calling tech support today to be redirected again to call my bank saying they were the issue. Clearly, my bank nor any other bank is the issue because the common denominator here is Quicken. Like everyone else, I can log into the bank just fine. Password has been updated without special characters as well as uninstalling, reinstalling the app. Reverting to a time machine backup quicken file prior to the issue and updating passwords again before trying to connect. Tech support had me disconnect all accounts try to reconnect a new account with the same bank login. Please get it fixed ASAP. I'll be happy to send in 1000 log reports if you will figure out what has happened.
  • Hello @Mtate,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Thank you for doing all the required steps and submitting all of the log files that you have. I am going to go ahead and escalate this for you. However, I did try this in my own Quicken and I am noticing that the 102 error is only present when using the Quicken Connect method. USAA has slowly been phasing out Quicken Connect and I think this might be what is causing the issue.  

USAA does offer Direct Connect for free. I would like to suggest that you enroll in this feature through the financial institution and then try connecting your accounts with that method in Quicken. 

Let us know what results that gives you and if you have any questions or concerns on that process. As for the escalation, there will be no ETA on resolution. Please watch your email for communication from the escalations team. If they need more information from you this will be their avenue of communication. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• crg11
    crg11 Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Alyssa" said:
    > Hello @hmha & @crg11,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to add to this Community discussion.
    >
    > Anyone who is now getting a 102 error will need to submit log files so we can escalate the issue. unfortunately, we also have to show that we get the same error in a test file (in this case we do), and we have to show that we have been getting the error for more than 24 hours. That usually requires a second log file submission. 
    >
    > Another thing I need everyone to do before I am able to continue with an escalation is to change your passwords for the financial institution if they have special characters. If a special character is required, please use punctuation (. , ? !). Then use this link to verify that you are able to log in to Vanguard Ascensus Retirement.
    >
    > Thank you all for your participation and patience with this process. Let us know when all of the steps are completed and we will move forward with the escalation,
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Hi, changed my password to match the guideline you gave above. Also attempted to re-add this account, but still the same error: OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)

I sent the logs over.
  • Hello again @crg11,

Thank you for doing those steps and updating me on your progress. There is one more thing I need you to try before I can escalate this for the new error you are getting. 

I need you to open a test file and try adding the accounts there so we can rule out this being an issue in your current data file.

To do this;
    1. Go to File.
    2. Select New from the menu options.
    3. Choose Start from scratch and click Next.
    4. Click Next again on the Mobile & Web prompt.
    5. Add your Vanguard account.
    6. If an error presents, use the Report a Problem option in the bottom right corner of the error box to send us that information. 

Are you still getting an error? If so, is it the same error you are getting in the original file?

Looking forward to hearing how this goes. 

Quicken Alyssa

• jwyoung9
    jwyoung9 Member
    I am having the exact same issue when setting up the account for the very first time. Can you please have this escalated? I've submitted logs as well.
This discussion has been closed.