Category/Class not prefilled for Online Payees in Register

Options
Quicken no longer queries Memorized Transactions to preload Category/Class for Online Payees. I now have to enter Category/Class manually for all Online Payments.

(1) If I enter a pmt in the register and enter "Send" in the Check# column, Q only looks at online payees (as visible in the drop-down). If the same OP is in the OP List and in the Mem Txn list (because I have previously memorized the Category/Class), Q ignores the Mem Txn, and only selectes the OP. Then I have to manually enter the Category/Class.

(2) If I enter a pmt in the register and enter "Next Check Num" in the Check# column, Q brings back both OP's and Mem Txn's, but if I select the Mem Txn, Q enters the Category/Class from the Mem Txn but does not process it as an Online Payment. If I select the OP entry, I don't get Category/Class prefilled.

How do we get pre-filled Category/Class entries for Online Payments? These fields don't exist in the OP List dialog. Hitting Ctrl-M after filling them manually on a transaction only saves the info in the Mem Txn list, so the next month I have the same problem. My recall is Q used to bring in both the payee info and Category/Class when I selected a payee from the drop-down. Am I incorrect on this?

Thanks,
Geoff

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Geoff Stuart,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.