Quicken "companion app" has deleted an account?

Hello, i keep getting the error message when I try to mobile synch. I know there are issues with synch but this seems odd. It says "the companion app has deleted account XXX would you like to remove it from windows" - no no no. if i click yes, it disappears from windows! what the heck.

When I go to cloud accounts and choose the account it synchs it and I can view it. When i close quicken and re-open, it does a "one time synch" and tells me my account has been deleted from the companion app and asks to delete it from Windows. PLEASE DON"T QUICKEN. you've screwed up my files enough the last month!

Has anyone seen this error? any help is much appreciated. :(

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @johncrva,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and seeing if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. On your desktop program go to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    5. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    i've reset the could data about 50 times. it doesn't reset. i am able to synch all the accounts (except investments - brilliant) but when it does it's "one time synch to improve the cloud" it removes my apple card every time.
  • johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I figured it out on my own. I had to recreate my quicken data file a week ago due to a crash and I manually imported apple card transactions, one month at a time (exported from apple card app, emailed to desktop, opened QFX file, etc). because of that quicken marked the apple card connection method as "direct connect" which was wrong. I deactivated the non-existent direct connection and synched and boom - stopped trying to delete my apple card each time I synched.

[Removed - Sarcasm/Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.