Problem with downloading Capital One transactions

ATC Doug
ATC Doug Member ✭✭
I'm having problem with downloading transactions from Capital One. This started a week ago. I see that there has been a problem over the past week. I deactivated my account and have been trying to set up as a new account. I have had no luck I keep getting CC501 error. I wait 24 hours and retry I'm still getting the same error message. I even went into Cap One site and changed my user name and password. I then tried with new username and password and get the same message. Every time I try to log in I'm getting an email from Cap One stating I'm logged in. Also the Cap One sites tells me I'm linked to Quicken.
Please help.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @ATC Doug,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for more information and updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @ATC Doug,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for more information and updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I am having the same problem with Error 501 after trying to reauthorize with Capital One. I have tried deactivating and reactivating but no help. Please update me on latest solution.
  • ATC Doug
    ATC Doug Member ✭✭
    After working 2 hours over two days with IT help at Quicken, we finally came up with a solution. We tried several work arounds with no success. We found that we had to delete my Capital One account from Quicken. If you decide to do this you should perform a backup. Before you delete you can copy your transactions from the current account (Edit/Transactions/Copy transactions). Then delete your account and then go through the process of setting up a new account. Make sure automatic entry is off. Then you can paste your transactions to the new account (Edit/Transactions/paste). I have not had a problem since. Hope this helps.
  • Paul Williams
    Paul Williams Member ✭✭✭
    I deleted my Cap One account from Quicken and added a new account for the credit card.  I still can not download transactions from Quicken.  I can only download transactions from the Cap One Website.  Very Very frustrated with Quicken and Cap One. Considering canceling Cap One credit card.
  • northstar351
    northstar351 Member ✭✭
    I am very dis-satisfied with Quicken and their response to this issue. It has been over two months with NO RESOLUTION. Thinking of finding an alternative to Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.