Schwab and Fidelity Connections [Edited]

Options
Lcipolla
Lcipolla Member ✭✭
I can not connect to Schwab or Fidelity I cannot download since that last update. The Mondo patch is also a waste of time.

Answers

• bwwalk
    bwwalk Member ✭✭
    Options
    100% agree - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901978/schwab-mess#latest
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken didn't initiate this change ... Schwab did.
    Q's only option was to comply, or drop Schwab entirely.
    Did they make the right choice?

re: Fidelity, I'm also their customer, and I've had no problems with my Fido accounts.  SO, what specific issues are you having with Fidelity?  What error messages or codes are you getting? What actions, if any, have you taken to resolve the issues?
    AND, what Q product are you running, what BUILD of that product and what's your "Membership Valid Thru" date?  This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Quicken didn't initiate this change ... Schwab did.Q's only option was to comply, or drop Schwab entirely.Did they make the right choice?

Understand, but who decided to drop this "mess" on the consumer before it was fully tested?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    retird said:
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Quicken didn't initiate this change ... Schwab did.Q's only option was to comply, or drop Schwab entirely.Did they make the right choice?

Understand, but who decided to drop this "mess" on the consumer before it was fully tested?
    When another party gives you an ultimatum you in fact have little choice.  I'm sure that Charles Schwab set the deadline.  Quicken isn't the only "aggregator" that got this directive.  Charles Schwab stated that most of the programs looking to aggregator their customer data was being done by 3 aggregators, one of which is Intuit/Quicken.  That implies that they have 4+ aggregators wanting to get at their customer data.

And the "three" agreed to convert on a certain time schedule.

I think that Intuit and Quicken have a certain amount of arrogance on being able to do big change overs like this and get them to roll out smoothly, but when you find that you have used up the time allotted just developing the code, then you can't spend a long time in beta making sure it is working.  So that is part of it.  On top of that there might have been constraints on how many users Charles Schwab would allow for testing, therefore maybe not hitting all the use cases.

And then you have the users.  Whereas you might get some Quicken employees and longtime users to "do the right steps" because they understand the process more than the average person. When you turn it over to the general public, they may not follow what you expected.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW I should say that something like this usually doesn't start out as an ultimatum, it starts out as an agreement.  And that is true in this case:
    https://www.schwab.com/legal/public-security-tips-popup

But in agreements each party isn't always equal.  If a small financial institution wants an aggregator to support them because their customers have asked for it, most likely the aggregator is going to suggest what connect methods they use and that is what the financial institution is going to have to accept.

With a large financial institution if they choose, they can force the aggregators to use the method they want and tell them when the switch over is going to be.  They might be giving the big aggregators more time if they need it, but at the end of the day they call the shots of when it is going to happen.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.