Target Red Card downloads stopped working (MAC)

Options

Comments

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to direct the complaints, to Target, not Synchrony, as the Target Red card = revenue from them. If they see problems with it, and it potentially means less revenue, they may act. I contacted them on Facebook and got a reply a few hours later. I basically said that the Target brand is all about convenience. That App is so convenient and makes things so easy to buy, not to mention the drive-up and friendly service in the stores. What has happened with the card and Quicken and the error with trying to do a manual download is opposite of their brand. If enough of us complain about the Target brand in jeopardy, they may act. As I said, I got a quick response through Facebook Messenger.
  • MolonLabe1776
    MolonLabe1776 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I sent a message to Target and got a response today...

Hello MolonLabe,

We're sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced regarding Quicken in relation to the Manage My RedCard site.

We can confirm that we have not dropped support for Quicken. We can better assist you with this issue if you can give us a call at 800-659-2396. We're available 7 am - 10 pm CT, 7 days a week.

Looking forward to your call!

Sincerely,
    Target Card Services, servicer to TD Bank USA, N.A.

I called and the rep told me Target IS NOT dropping support. They moved to 2FA and that is what is causing the problem. She said Target is actively working with Quicken to fix the issue. She also said their call center has received an overwhelming response to the issue. So the calls and messages are working!!!
    If you haven't sent a message to Target please do.

Happy Thanksgiving

[Removed - Off Topic/Political]
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    taffeys said:
    [Removed-Speculation] It appears to me that this problem started when Target changed from user/password/secret question authentication to user/password/2-Step Verification (commonly known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA). I have several accounts that use user/password/2FA. Verizon Wireless even uses user/password/secret question/2FA. Quicken is able to process downloads and bill updates for all these other accounts with no issues. Time will tell.

I sent a message to Target and got a response today...

Hello MolonLabe,

We're sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced regarding Quicken in relation to the Manage My RedCard site.

We can confirm that we have not dropped support for Quicken. We can better assist you with this issue if you can give us a call at 800-659-2396. We're available 7 am - 10 pm CT, 7 days a week.

Looking forward to your call!

Sincerely,
    Target Card Services, servicer to TD Bank USA, N.A.

I called and the rep told me Target IS NOT dropping support. They moved to 2FA and that is what is causing the problem. She said Target is actively working with Quicken to fix the issue. She also said their call center has received an overwhelming response to the issue. So the calls and messages are working!!!
    If you haven't sent a message to Target please do.

Happy Thanksgiving

[Removed - Off Topic/Political]

Hello @Everyone

An update/response regarding this issue has been received. Target Red Card was removed intentionally. It's no longer a supported connection. We apologize for the inconvenience. If further assistance is needed, we encourage users to contact Target Red Card customer support. 

Hope this provides clarity. 

-Quicken Paloma

New OSU problem today.

Just like Charles Schwab did in October and Target RedCard did earlier this month the way to access and download your account information into Quicken for Blue Cash Everyday from American Express Card has changed. The change was the implementation of 2FA (commonly known as two-factor authentication). Now OSU for American Express Card errors with OL-297 A “Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection.”

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R56.9 Build 27.1.56.9
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Everyone

Pardon the confusion and the frustration with this persisting issue. To clarify the connection for Target Red Card was the instance that was intentionally dropped (as previously mentioned). However, Target National Bank is the instance that is still supported. There is also a current alert for Target National Bank since we are working with our service provider for a resolution.

Please visit the link below for updates and more information as it becomes available. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901735/new-11-17-21-target-national-bank-red-card-cc-505-error-105#latest

-Quicken Paloma
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @Everyone

Pardon the confusion and the frustration with this persisting issue. To clarify the connection for Target Red Card was the instance that was intentionally dropped (as previously mentioned). However, Target National Bank is the instance that is still supported. There is also a current alert for Target National Bank since we are working with our service provider for a resolution.

-Quicken Paloma
    Really? My Target RedCard says it is issued by "TD Bank, USA, N.A." under license from Mastercard. Per Target RedCard™ @ https://www.target.com/redcard/about "Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card and Target™ Mastercard®. Subject to application approval (Target Mastercard not available to new applicants). The RedCard credit cards (Target Credit Card and Target Mastercard) are issued by TD Bank USA, N.A. The RedCard Debit Card is issued by Target Corporation."

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @taffeys

My previous post was specific to the instance within Quicken which is the connection pathway provided for downloading transactions. Target National Bank is the name of the instance even though the information is provided by TD bank. Please view the example screenshot below. 

Notice that the Target Red Card instance is no longer there since it has been removed intentionally. The alternative is to switch to Target National bank unless if it is a gift card or a guest card. 

Hope this provides clarification. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @taffeys

Notice that the Target Red Card instance is no longer there since it has been removed intentionally. The alternative is to switch to Target National bank unless if it is a gift card or a guest card. 

-Quicken Paloma
    Yes, this clarifies that is was Quicken that removed access to the Target RedCard, not Target as was originally claimed by some here. We have been a Target cardholder since 1997 and a Quicken user for almost that long. Very disappointed with Quicken about this situation. Target has a much larger customer base than that of Quicken; I know as we hold shares of Target.

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm now more confused that it seems Quicken (whom we pay every year to be able to download transactions) has dropped Target Red Card. Or is it that one can just switch it to say Target National Bank?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken doesn't drop banks; banks drop Quicken. Quicken work with every financial institution that signs on to support Quicken. (In some cases, it costs them money to work with Intuit, who manages connectivity for Quicken; in some cases it's free, but they still have to support it.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Customer
    Customer Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @aekdeeds said:
    > I'm new to this community, but is it standard for everyone to chime in that they're having the same problem, rather than only when they actually have something to contribute towards *solving* the problem? (Or when they've got new information about the problem?) Just curious :# .

Since end users typically can't solve the problem, "chiming in" at least lets Quicken staff know that a lot of people are having the problem and hopefully flags it for escalation.
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It is working again.  I first noticed I could get eBills which I could and then was also able to reconnect the downloads.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you BJL, I confirm it is working for me again too.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm it's working for me too, but the only download I got was my most recent payment. Can anyone describe how I can download the transactions between November 7 and November 23? I was on the phone with Target for an hour on Wednesday and was finally told to contact Quicken support to figure out how to download transactions. I don't see anywhere on their website or manage accounts where I can download an eBill. The statements are all in PDF format and have no option for a Quicken format.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Liz, not sure if you saw it, but go to Search Transactions. For Time Period, choose a Custom Period. For Export Results, Choose QFX format. Then download that file. Then open that file in Notepad. Then do a Find and Replace. Find the text inside these quotes, but not the quotes "<REFNUM></REFNUM>" and replace it to nothing. Save that file. Then go into Quicken, choose File Import, Web Connect file, and then choose that file. It should all come in then.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks MintUserNew. Stupid question--how do I open the file in Notebook. When I open the file, it immediately launches Quicken and I get an error message OL-221-A
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to somehow just save the file, without it opening in Quicken. The error is because you have to manually make that find and replace I mentioned.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t have that many transactions so I may just manually enter them and stop trying to mess around. I’ll remain hopeful that they’ve solved the update issue and things will get back on track for future transactions. Thanks so much for all your help though. Much appreciated.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @BJL, working for me today too.

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @taffeys

My previous post was specific to the instance within Quicken which is the connection pathway provided for downloading transactions. Target National Bank is the name of the instance even though the information is provided by TD bank. Please view the example screenshot below. 

-Quicken Paloma
    @Quicken_Paloma You said "The alternative is to switch to Target National bank unless if it is a gift card or a guest card." That is not true; I did not have to make the switch, Quicken did it on it's own and I was able to re-establish downloads for our Target RedCard from TD bank. 

• mass imo
    mass imo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Confirmed Target is cutting access to 3rd party tools. I have filed multiple complaints with them and asked them to document it. I would suggest others do the same so that they can reinstate our access. I do not know about you, but there is no way i can manually do this as it will kill my ability to budget my spouse from using this card.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    mass imo said:
    Confirmed Target is cutting access to 3rd party tools. I have filed multiple complaints with them and asked them to document it. I would suggest others do the same so that they can reinstate our access. I do not know about you, but there is no way i can manually do this as it will kill my ability to budget my spouse from using this card.
    Did you see a lot of us got this resolved?
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    mass imo said:
    Quit spreading misinformation.

• Nathen
    Nathen Member ✭✭
    Options
    working for me now....
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been working for me since 11/27.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using Quicken for Windows I deactivated my Target account and immediately reactivated it.  That seems to have done the trick.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s been working for me since 11/25. I was not able to download the transactions from the Target Red Card website in a way that Quicken would accept the transactions so I input the transactions between 11-7 and 11-25 manually. There weren’t that many. Hoping the fix continues.
  • GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    Options
    No error messages anymore. I also started getting transactions on 11/25. But it stopped working again around 11/30, as I have a transaction dated 11/30 that did not download. However, Once I reset the account under online services, the new transaction did download.
This discussion has been closed.