Error code CC501 for all accounts

L Daisey
L Daisey Member
All accounts show this message when attempting to connect to online accounts.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Hello @L Daisy,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are having issues at all. I do have some follow-up questions for you if that's ok. 

Are you getting this error with many different financial institutions or just one? If it is only one, please provide the name of the financial institution so that I can look into this. There may be an open alert for the issue, and if there is not one then there may need to be one created.

Following the link @UKR provided would be the first indicated step. However, further investigation is necessary, and if you are seeing this error for multiple financial institutions it could be an erroneous error message. 

Please provide the requested information and anything else that you think may be helpful. Looking forward to hearing back from you on this. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    Error message 501 is with multiple financial institutions. I have repeatedly attempted this over several days. Same result.
  • Hello again,

Thank you for your response.

Please provide us with the names of the financial institutions so we can look to see if there are known issues with them. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    There are many. The issue likely is not with them but with Quicken
  • L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    Based on the thousands of comments I see on "Community" etc. It appears Quicken has major issues. When do you anticipate resolution?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @L Daisey, 

Thank you for the response. However, we do need more details in order to provide proper guidance or a fix. Could you please let us know the financial institution(s) and connection method(s) being used? Also how long has this issue been persisting?

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    Community Bank Delaware, Web Connect, Issue since I reloaded Quicken 4 days ago
  • Scare
    Scare Member ✭✭
    Why is there no solution to the connection problems with PNC Bank. there is never a direct response to this question from Quicken .
  • @L Daisey,

Thank you for providing that one financial institution name. However, we are not having issues with Community Bank at this time. 

Please provide the information that is requested or if you are not comfortable with that, you can give Quicken Support a call and they can look at it with you. 

If you decide to continue with this process from this forum, please also go to Help>Report a Problem from within your software. From there you can describe the issues you are having and send the log files over so we can look at them for you.

In addition to that, could you please provide screenshots of the error messages you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• @Scare,

Thank you for taking the time to add to this discussion, though I apologize you are having issues connecting to PNC.

Can you specify what issues you are having with PNC and how long you have been having them? 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    I will provide the requested data. However, this is ridiculous that a PAID Quicken subscriber is asked to do this when the issue is clearly with Quicken's software. Please fix that.
  • Scare
    Scare Member ✭✭
    After signing in to download from PNC after the merger with Compass bank, I get error-501 code. it states that the problem is due to Quicken and not to contact PNC. I don't know if it is failing to recognize my originally set up information of if it is something else. All I know is, Quicken is not responding very well to the issue. .

The problem started on October 12, and I am still getting the same error message. I spent about one hour with a quicken support person over three weeks ago and he said they may have something in place by the following Monday. But, Still no solution.

All I know right now is that after two months of this, it is getting extremely frustrating.

Henry Edison III
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Thank you both for taking the time to give an update on this discussion, though I am sorry to hear that issue has persisted. 

@L Daisey' I looked for your log files but it appears that you have not yet submitted them. When you do, just let us know and we will be happy to look at those for you. 

@Scare, Can I please have you open a new(test) file to see if this issue still occurs from there?

To do this;
    1. Go to File and select New Quicken File.
    2. When prompted, confirm New Quicken File and click Ok.
    3. Type in "test" and click Save.
    4. In the Mobile & Web screen you can just click Next
    5. Click the Add Accounts button in the bottom right corner of the following screen.
    6. Type in "PNC" and select the PNC Bank - Web Connect instance.
    7. Click Next and provide your credentials in the following prompt. Then click Connect.
    8. When the accounts are found go ahead and click Finish and they will be added to the test file. 

Was this successful, or did the CC-501 error still prevent you from connecting to PNC?

Quicken Alyssa

• L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    PNC is not one of my accounts
  • @L Daisey, I looked for your log files but it appears that you have not yet submitted them. When you do, just let us know and we will be happy to look at those for you. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    What are log files?
  • @L Daisey,

Log files are the primary data source for network observability. A log file is a computer-generated data file that contains information about usage patterns, activities, and operations within an operating system, application, server, or another device.

As previously stated, you can go to Help>Report a Problem from within your Quicken software, in order to send your log files to Quicken.

Quicken Alyssa

• L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    Thank you. I sent the log files
  • L Daisey
    L Daisey Member
    I sent the log files 11 days ago and have NOT received a resolution.
This discussion has been closed.