I am unable to receive texts of mfa codes to my mobile number

Unfortunately, the alternate number is a landline and it is set up to send codes via text. I have gone into my profile and changed associated the landline number with email. I have confirmed the emails as requested. However, when I go to download transactions my choices have not changed to email...both mobile and landline numbers show text as the medium to send the code. How do I change the mfa alternatives to text for my mobile and email for my landline? Thank you

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ross29

I just want to make sure I understand where you are having the problem.  You used "SIGNING IN, PASSWORDS< AND ACTIVATION (WINDOWS)" as the topic category.  Are you having problems signing into the Quicken application, to your Quicken account, or are you having issues downloading transactions from your bank, brokerage, and similar accounts?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ross29
    Ross29 Member
    Hi Frank X. Thank you for your interest in trying to help me resolve this problem. The issue is when I am signing into my account and it comes to the point where they’re asking me to send a code and they present me with two telephone numbers one my cell phone and the other my landline the medium of communication for them to send me the code are both text and my landline doesn’t accept text therefore I need to change it to email I have done that on my profile but on Quicken when I’m asking my bank to send me the code it hasn’t changed the mode of communication from text to Email I hope that helps thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ross29

Thank you for your response although we apologize you are having this persisting issue. To clarify the MFAs/verification codes come from the bank. So while you have the correct and updated information in your Quicken profile it will not change when attempting to get a verification code. I would highly recommend updating and setting your email as the primary/prefered contact method on your bank's online profile. If you need assistance with this please contact your bank's customer service or online support. 

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ross29
    Ross29 Member
    Hi Paloma...Thank you. However, I do understand where the security codes originate. The current problem is that I have changed my preference in Quicken/My Account/ Security codes to Via Email...and when I sign in it gives me my landline number to be sent by text...I have changed the preference at my bank to email. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you,

Ross
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ross29

Thank you for the additional details. Could you please try to reset your cloud data? Before starting the process please ensure you have a back up of your current file. 

To do this select Edit >Preferences >Quicken ID & Cloud accounts >Sign in a different user. Type “yes” in the box below and click OK. Afterwards, you will be prompted to sign back in with you Quicken ID and password. 

After resetting you cloud data attempt to update your accounts. 

When you have a moment please follow the steps above and let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ross29
    Ross29 Member
    Hi Paloma...Thank you again. I ran your suggestion, and I received the same results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ross
  • Hello @Ross29,

Thank you for updating us with your results and I apologize that your issue has persisted.

Based on the information I gathered from the discussion, I am still uncertain as to what account you are signing into that prompts you for an MFA. 

When you sign in to your Quicken account on Quicken.com, it should not be prompting you for an MFA unless you have forgotten your password.

The only other time that you would receive an MFA prompt would be to update your banking account in Quicken. Most banks require the MFA only during the initial setup of the account in Quicken. However, some banks require it every time you do a One Step Update. Depends on the bank, their security requirements, and your security and privacy settings in your profile on their website. There is no way for you to change this MFA requirement from the Quicken side of it. 

If I am mistaken, and you are not referring to the bank's MFA, please provide us with some screenshots of the MFA prompt you are seeing. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you on this!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.