Account Balance

How is it possible to have one ending balance in my credit card register and a different balance in my account listing? The difference is one transactions that I entered today. Something briefly flashed on the screen saying there was a "write error" of some kind, but it did not stay there long enough to read.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try deleting that transaction and re enter it?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally if I saw a write error I wouldn’t trust that data file, I would restore from a backup.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Richie 4566"

Yes it is possible to have a different ending balance in an account listing and in the register depending on the timing - i.e. you have a future transaction entered in a register. Is this the first that you've seen this issue?  Exactly what is it that causes you to believe there is a problem, other than some pop-up that you didn't exactly see or understand?  Are you seeing error codes, are your accounts not connecting?  What is the actual problem?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.