Problem with Joint account in Fidelity Investments

I have a Cash Management account at Fidelity Investments. The account is a joint account with my wife. We each have additional investment accounts at Fidelity, and both logins are configured to download transactions to Quicken. The problem is that both Fidelity logins have access to the joint account, and it appears to confuse quicken. One of the accounts always generates an error when I try to download transactions. The error is OL-362-A: "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file".

Even if I disable online services for the account, or completely delete the account, I still get the error when I attempt to download transactions.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    If you haven't already, I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  You'll know that you have deactivated the Online Services of all the accounts when the financial institution no longer appears in the One Step Update Settings window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account... and authenticate with each sign-in.  Quicken should provide the list of the accounts available and allow you to link them to the existing registers.  
  • Saint
    Saint Member ✭✭
    I have done all this and the problem still exists.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Saint said:
    I have done all this and the problem still exists.
    I suggest you create a test Quicken file to determine if the issue is specific to your file.  If the problem does not reproduce in the test file, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file
  • Saint
    Saint Member ✭✭
    I created a test file, added just the fidelity accounts from the 2 logins, and I get the same result.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Saint said:
    I created a test file, added just the fidelity accounts from the 2 logins, and I get the same result.
    Strange.  I suggest you review the OFX log to see if you can determine more details about this account that doesn't exist in the file: select Help > OFX Log
  • Saint
    Saint Member ✭✭
    I checked the OFX log, and there is nothing in it to indicate an error. Additionally, every account in the file actually exists.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Saint said:
    I checked the OFX log, and there is nothing in it to indicate an error. Additionally, every account in the file actually exists.
    Well I'm stumped.  We have our joint accounts imported under the primary holder's sign-in and are not having any download issues with Fidelity.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I've been following this and racking my brain but I am stumped as well.  My wife and I have several accounts at Fidelity, including one joint account.  I download her accounts using her login info and I download my accounts and our joint account under my login info, all without issue.
    One long shot that does come to mind:  Do you have any Fidelity accounts that are hidden or kept separate?  (You can quickly look into this by opening Account List and checking the box in the lower left corner to "Show hidden accounts".)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been problems reported in the past with Fidelity Cash Management accounts specifically. I don't have such an account and don't understand the issues, but a search of this forum brings up many results, some of which may shed light.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    There have been problems reported in the past with Fidelity Cash Management accounts specifically. I don't have such an account and don't understand the issues, but a search of this forum brings up many results, some of which may shed light.
    We have the joint CMA with its quirks but we don't get the OL-362-A.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife's and my joint account is a brokerage account, not a CMA.  The only times I have problems with downloading from that account is when Fidelity is having issues affecting all accounts.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been following this and racking my brain but I am stumped as well.  My wife and I have several accounts at Fidelity, including one joint account.  I download her accounts using her login info and I download my accounts and our joint account under my login info, all without issue.
    One long shot that does come to mind:  Do you have any Fidelity accounts that are hidden or kept separate?  (You can quickly look into this by opening Account List and checking the box in the lower left corner to "Show hidden accounts".)
    I don't think your long shot is on target because the issue reproduced in a new Quicken file.

I think there must be some account at Fidelity triggering the issue but I don't understand why it doesn't appear in the OFX log.
  • Saint
    Saint Member ✭✭
    This is a follow-up for anyone interested. For several weeks, the workaround was to download statements, and wait for one of the accounts to give the error. I would then perform an online reset of the account with the error. Afterwards, that account would download successfully. The next time, I would repeat the process and the other account gave the error.

Out of nowhere, a couple days ago everything just started working. Both accounts started downloading without errors. I don't know if it's fixed permanently, and I'm not aware of anything I might have done to fix it, but it's working (at least for now).