PNC/BBVA - Odd Matching Transactions Issues

Options
EarthSurfer
EarthSurfer Member ✭✭
I am seeing an odd issue when Matching manually entered transactions on a PNC Checking Account (that was formerly a BBVA Account).

First time a 'matching' transaction is downloaded, Quicken will properly match the manually downloaded transaction to the Downloaded Transaction, but it will CHANGE THE DATE to approximately 4 years prior (usually 2017 in my case).

The next time the account is updated, the formerly matched transaction will be downloaded again and posted separately with the 'proper' date. This result in a 2nd (double posting) of the transaction -- one dated ~ 4 years prior, and one dated properly. (I am guessing the transaction matching algorithm has a limited search window of +/- a month or so.)

This is maddening! I only found it because the manually added Transfers for Credit Card Payments were a mess. I found the mis-dated items by viewing "Status - Not Reviewed" which revealed the 2017 transactions.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Quicken Deluxe for Mac 6.4.4 user, PNC - Direct Connect

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have requested that a moderator move your query to an appropriate Quicken for Mac category.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Earthsurfer,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I hope you don't mind answering some follow-up questions for me. Are you importing transactions that you have downloaded from the financial institution's website? If so, I would suggest avoiding that method for now.

If your current file is still a mess, let's restore a backup to get back to a place where things looked better. Once that is done, save a backup and then try connecting the accounts via Quicken Connect or Direct Connect. Let me know how this goes, and then we can move forward!

Quicken Alyssa
  • EarthSurfer
    EarthSurfer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Alyssa,
    Thank for your response.

As noted at the end of my message, I am using Quicken Direct Connect to connect to PNC. If this interface has issues, customers should be notified by Quicken.

This specifically refers to issues with former BBVA accounts that were transferred to PNC. I followed the instructions provided by Quicken.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • myester
    myester Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a similar issue. I have 4 checking accounts with PNC (was BBVA) all but one are fine. With the one, every downloaded transaction is matched to a totally unrelated transaction from 2018. There is nothing in common to the incorrected matched transaction. The amount and payee don't even matched. It's like they are being randomly matched to old transactions.
  • tr25
    tr25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Exact same issue here. Four PNC (BBVA) accounts. All but one match correctly. One matches transactions totally unrelated - date, amount, payee, etc. are all off. Randomly matches to old transactions
  • EarthSurfer
    EarthSurfer Member ✭✭
    Options
    In the end, I created new accounts in Quicken for the converted BBVA/PNC accounts, and posted a transfer from the BBVA account to the PNC account effect 10/09/21. While I would have preferred to keep the 12+ years of account history in the same account, I needed a solution that didn't require 'babysitting.'
This discussion has been closed.