Reports do not transfer when importing Windows Quicken file to Mac version (2021)

I finally have to give up running the quicken windows version (new M1 macs...), so I finally tried importing my quicken file to the mac version.

Aside from one minor glitch in the accounts, that seems to be OK now. But none of my saved reports in the Windows version transferred to the Mac. Is this a known issue? Is there another way to import the saved reports on quicken for windows?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The reports don't transfer. Unfortunately, you'll have to re-create them.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Since the two programs aren't exactly equivalent there really isn't any way all the information can be transferred.  They have different reports with different options, there isn't any chance for a conversion.  You will find other things didn't convert either like budgets, not to mention the features that are in Quicken Mac yet, like savings goals.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • zurubi
    zurubi Member ✭✭
    thanks for answering. As I play with the Mac version more, I realize how stripped down this is compared to the windows version. I feel like keeping an old Windows laptop around just for this :(
  • cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭
    Just discovered this very same thing. I think I am in for a very long learning curve.🤪
  • zurubi
    zurubi Member ✭✭
    I also just discovered that there's no way to define "hidden" categories. Come on Intuit, that can't be that hard!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @zurubi For what it's worth, Quicken hasn't been owned by Intuit for many years. ;)

You should add your vote for the ability to hide categories in this thread. It's functionality which just hasn't been built yet. More votes can help push it up the priority list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.