It would be nice to have a general Quicken Moderator "tag"

There are times when a user would like to get the attention of a moderator for handling something in a given thread.  A given moderator a being human doesn't work 7 days a week 24 hours a day.  ;)
So knowing which moderator to "flag" isn't easy to determine.  It would be nice if there was a tag that one could use for "any moderator" that goes to all of the moderators so that the "next available one" can take care of the request.

Thank you.
Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not have the Flag available? I don't know whether it's only available to SUs. It has the effect you seek, flagging a post for any moderator to see.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Doesn't simply using the Flag link on the post and a note accomplish that? I've been under the impression that such moderation requests are handled by whichever moderators are on duty at the current time, or the start of the next day.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oops!  :o   I guess I should "read the manual"!!!

Yes I have the flag.  I just always thought of the flag as "tell them about someone doing something bad".  Never really thought about the fact that I could use that for "general flagging".

Well that was a quick fix.    :D
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just used the Flag, and I notice that the "toast" message says that my "complaint" has been registered even though I selected "other".  I want to notify the "on duty" moderator, but I certainly don't want to "penalize" the person that has made the comment.  Does this reflect badly on them?
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, that's just a canned message using "complaint" no matter what your flagging is about.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    If a user receives a "unnecessary" and or condescending  email from a user, how can that be CC'd to a Moderator for a review?
  • jacobs
    @TTSguy As noted above, click the "Flag" option under the post. Click on "Other" and type whatever you want a moderator to be aware of.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jacobs It's an email, there is no Flag or Quote at the bottom of the email.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    Where is the email, is it sent to your own email address or are you referring to mail in this forum?

If it is to your email address than that would be some post in this forum that maybe you have bookmarked or otherwise set to send you email on.

I'm not sure if you can get mail in this forum, but if you can then you can certainly send an email to one of the Quicken Moderators.
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    TTSguy said:
    Any time someone posts in a thread you've posted in, you get an email notification from the forum system. You can't reply directly to any emails which come from this forum. At the bottom of the email, click the big blue "Check It Out" button to take you to the post on the forum site. Then on the website, click the Flag link underneath the post.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I used the word "email" because it was a "message" that showed up on the top of the Community page as an envelope next to the blue dot for your profile. I'd like to know how to send that email "message" to a moderator. Any help appreciated. (Is there a list of Moderator names and who is the primary Moderator for the community?)
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I used the word "email" because it was a "message" that showed up on the top of the Community page as an envelope next to the blue dot for your profile. I'd like to know how to send that email "message" to a moderator. Any help appreciated. (Is there a list of Moderator names and who is the primary Moderator for the community?)
    Hello @TTSguy,

Thank you for reaching out.  I have sent you a private message in regard to this matter.

Sarah