Quicken R36.45 crashes when entering activation code or checking quicken account

I need to enter my renewal activation code. When I choose Help->Enter Activation Code or Help->My Quicken Account, Quicken R36.45 displays what looks like a web browser and then immediately crashes.

It's been doing this for a week. I have a few more weeks to enter the code, so I'm hoping this gets fixed with an update. I searched and there is another complaint with the same problem -- it sounds like the other victim had to reinstall twice to clear the problem. I have better things to do and Quicken works properly in every other way.

I'm on Windows 10 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 with the new Edge browser installed, but Firefox is my default browser. This really seems like a problem with the built-in browser but I'm not anxious to experiment and continue to crash Quicken and possibly corrupt my data file. I've submitted the crash report a few times already.

Is this a known problem and when will it be fixed? As I said, I can wait a few weeks before renewal is due.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Uwe Baemayr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since you are currently still running version release R36.45, to start with, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R37.37 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

You can download and install the R37.37 Mondo Patch through this support article

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Uwe Baemayr
    Uwe Baemayr Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Anja:

Thank you for your help. That support article link only offers R36.48 and I launched Quicken before installing it and it automatically updated to this version. I tried Help -> Enter Activation Code after the auto-update and it crashed after displaying the built-in web browser. I then installed the downloaded update (which said it was 36.48 as well) with the same result.

Where is 37.37? It's not on the "Support Article" page unless I somehow missed seeing it. I only see 36.48.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I believe the R37.37 was pulled and is no longer online and avail - your R36.48 is the latest avail ...12/7/21

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.