Install old version and update

Ernesto
Ernesto Member ✭✭
My subscription expired in March 2020. I have downloaded the version prior to that date (5.10) to see my data, but when executing it automatically updates to the latest version (6.4). How can you avoid the automatic update?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    How exactly does it automatically update. Typically, when you launch Quicken, if there's a newer version available, it will pop up a message in a dialog box asking if you want to update; you can close that window without updating if you wish. Is that not what's happening to you? If so, can you describe (or capture screen shots of the exact sequence when you launch Quicken?

A few more questions... Are you sure you have deleted the 6.4 version of the application before you reinstall the 5.10 version? When you launch Quicken, how are you doing it? I would try clicking on the 5.10 Quicken.app in the Applications folder to insure you are actually launching only that version. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your time:

There is no version of Quicken installed.

I have the Quicken-5.15.0.dmg file. I open the file and move the Quicken file to the Applications folder. When executing it, without any dialog box, the update begins directly, and then the installation of the new version.

I don't know what to do, but I need to see my data.

Thanks.

Ernesto
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Ernesto  I just tried to replicate what you are seeing, and I was surprised to see exactly what you reported: installing the downloaded 5.15.0 .dmg file auto-updates to version 6.4.4. That's not the way it used to work, and not the way it was intended to work. I have flagged this for one of the Quicken moderators and asked them to look into it and reply here.

Out of curiosity, what happens when it launches version 6.4.4? Do you land on the Let's Get Started page? After first making a backup copy of your most recent data file, what happens if you attempt to open the data file? Does it tell you your subscription is expired and you can't use this version? (I don't have an expired Quicken ID to test this myself.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hello @Ernesto,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is something we would need to escalate, so I am going to have to ask you to call Quicken Support so they can assist you with this. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Jacobs:

Indeed, it tells me that my subscription has expired.
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Alyssa:

I'm very sorry, I can't call support, I don't have enough knowledge of English to have a conversation like this.
  • @Ernesto,

Don't worry, we have Spanish-speaking representatives that can help you as well! We will accommodate you as much as we possibly can. 

Quicken Alyssa

• Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your offer, but I think the problem is clear and does not need further clarification. The problem also happens to Jacobs.

Thank you.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ernesto said:
    Thank you for your offer, but I think the problem is clear and does not need further clarification. The problem also happens to Jacobs.

Thank you.
    Hello @Ernesto

We appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention and have reported it directly to our product teams for further review and resolution.

Thank you again,

Sarah

(CTP-3114)
  • Ernesto
    Ernesto Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much for your time. I await your news.

Ernesto
This discussion has been closed.