Quicken online

Mongoose47
Mongoose47 Member
I am a long time disk based Quicken user and am considering upgrading to the subscription based Quicken Deluxe. If I use Quicken online, can I access it from multiple computers without buying multiple subscriptions. To clarify, I would like to be able to access my Quicken online from both my home and work computers. Thank you,

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no "real Quicken online".  What is offered is an app called QMobile (iOS or Android) or web interface Quicken Web that allows you to see the portion of your desktop program's data file that you have setup to sync to the Quicken Cloud Account.
    You still have to have a desktop version installed to create the data file and set up your accounts.
    What you can and can not do is limited in QMobile/Q-Web compared to the capabilities of the desktop program.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version do you have now?  Do you want to use any online services like downloading transactions?  If you don't want to use online stuff and keep manually entering transactions you might keep your version.  If you buy the subscription version and do not renew each year about 25% of your screen will be taken up with banners to renew.  I'm staying on Quicken 2013.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Thank you for your quick reply.

Would you provide a link where I can find out more details on the use and operation of QMobile/Q-Web and of the Quicken Cloud Account. I would like to understand what these will do for me before I upgrade.

My goal is to sync my desktop account to a Quicken Cloud Account and then from another PC to use Q-Web to log into that Quicken Cloud Account to check balances and enter new financial transactions (checks and credit card transactions). Other activities would continue to be handled on the PC which has Quicken installed on it.

Thank you,
  • Reply to Volvogirl,
    I just checked and I have been happily using a 2011 version of Quicken. I previously used earlier versions and then by chance from time to time upgraded when passing a display at Costco. Past upgrades frankly did not improve functionality for me (actually some takeaways) and the only reason to upgrade again would be to allow access from multiple computers.
    I have been quite satisfied with my existing version of Quicken except as mentioned, I cannot access my financials remotely to review items or enter transactions. And my spouse can only see things when using my home computer.
    Overall it feels like Quicken is behind the times and that is strange because Quickbooks does offer internet based storage and access. But feels like Quicken has become a cash cow for Intuit.
    Thank you,
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Reply to Volvogirl,
    I just checked and I have been happily using a 2011 version of Quicken. I previously used earlier versions and then by chance from time to time upgraded when passing a display at Costco. Past upgrades frankly did not improve functionality for me (actually some takeaways) and the only reason to upgrade again would be to allow access from multiple computers.
    I have been quite satisfied with my existing version of Quicken except as mentioned, I cannot access my financials remotely to review items or enter transactions. And my spouse can only see things when using my home computer.
    Overall it feels like Quicken is behind the times and that is strange because Quickbooks does offer internet based storage and access. But feels like Quicken has become a cash cow for Intuit.
    Thank you,
    We've used a remote desktop client to access the Windows desktop where we maintain Quicken for over a decade.  There are a variety of free implementations available.  If you're Windows and network savvy, I recommend Microsoft's Remote Desktop.  If you want simplicity, I recommend TeamViewer.
This discussion has been closed.