installing credit union files [Chevron Federal Credit Union]

CindyCFO
CindyCFO Member
new user trying to set up . Quicken says user name and password are not correct -- checked many times; they are correct!
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @CindyCFO,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues that you are having, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this. 

I am going to need some more information from you if that's ok. What is the financial institution that you are trying to connect to? Is there more than one instance of this bank in the list in Quicken? If so, you can try using another instance. The correct instance should provide a URL that matched the URL that you use to log in to your financial institution. In Quicken you can click on these URL's from the Add Account box, and then try logging in to the page it directs you to.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• CindyCFO
    CindyCFO Member
    Chevron Federal Credit Union
  • Hello again,

Thank you for providing the financial institution name.

From my end, it looks like you may need to use Web Connect to bring in your transactions from Chevron FCU. Here is a Knowledge Base article explaining how to use Web Connect. 

Do let us know how this goes for you, thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Here is the entry in Quicken -
    As mentioned above -
    it appears the only downloading method is called - Web Connect - or the Direct Connect if doing it via One Step Update, 
    which means you must manually download a Quicken formatted file from the Chevron FCU website
    and then Import that file into Quicken.

Lastly - does your Chevron FCU password contain any special chars, and how long is it ?
    Sometimes what is allowed on the CU website is slightly different than what Quicken allows during setup.

68776    68776    68776    Chevron FCU    https://www.chevronfcu.org/    NA    https://www.onlinebanking.chevronfcu.org    ACTIVE    ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING,CREDIT&DIRECT    
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT              

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MFQuigley
    MFQuigley Member ✭✭
    I get an error message "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)" when I try to set up my Chevron FCU account. Before they updated their internet banking on Monday 6 December, I never had an issue. Now, with the new login, the above is what I receive. I am able to log into their website without issue. I have advised CFCU about the issue and they are looking into it on their end, however, they suspect that it is a Qucken issue.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MFQuigley

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you and understand the issue could you please submit a bug report? You can do this by selecting Help>Report a problem. 

Also, there is an alert out for several other credit unions with a similar issue. For more information please visit the link below. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue. Chevron Federal Credit Union updated to digital bank last week. Since then, I am not able to connect Quicken to the credit union.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    @Patrick,

Thank you for coming to the Community to add to this discussion.

Please go to Help>Report a problem and send over your log files. Also, please collect and attach screenshots here if possible. 

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Quicken Alyssa

• Chevron Federal Credit Union, per their support, stopped automated Quicken downloads. A real bummer... Looking for a different bank/CU now.
  • @InnovateMoore,

I am sorry to hear that is the case. Thank you for updating this discussion with the information you received from CFCU for the rest of us in the Community. 

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.