Fidelity Government Money Market funds--(Spaxx) and Fidelity Cash Reserves(FDRXX) DOWNLOADS

Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Fidelity Cash reserves and money market funds do not download in my Quicken accounts.
When I do One step update, these funds do not appear on my registers.
When I go to Tools, On LIne Center, and Holdings---These funds are not there.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    We may track cash in a money market fund which means we enter buys and sells of money market fund shares or we track the cash as cash which means we don't enter buys and sells of money market fund shares.  Note: Some financial institutions will download the buys and sells of money market funds shares while other's will not.  
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Appreciate your reply this early in the AM. When I download transactions from Fidelity all buy and sell transactions in the portfolio register, the last column is Cash Balance. One account will show say $10,000 cash balance. However, this is really Fidelity Cash Reserves or Government Money market. It has a ticker symbol.
    I don't have this issue with Vanguard. The download brings the cash reserves over with the correct ticker symbol.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gary R said:
    Appreciate your reply this early in the AM. When I download transactions from Fidelity all buy and sell transactions in the portfolio register, the last column is Cash Balance. One account will show say $10,000 cash balance. However, this is really Fidelity Cash Reserves or Government Money market. It has a ticker symbol.
    I don't have this issue with Vanguard. The download brings the cash reserves over with the correct ticker symbol.
    Again, if you really want to track cash in a money market fund, enter the buys and sells of money market fund shares yourself.  We find it simpler to use the approach the financial institution provides.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I'm probably not explaining the issue clearly. I don't want to track cash in the money market funds.
    When I receive interest and dividends they are shown as deposits and end up on the last column under CASH. At the end of the year lets say I have $10,000 on the investment page showing CASH. I have no cash in Fidelity--It is all swept to the money market accounts. My Quicken register does not agree with Fidelity on Line since Fidelity will show that $10,000 under SPAXX (Federal Gov. MM) and Quicken does not recognize that on line download.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are explaining clearly enough.  

Some financial institutions download the sweep transactions; some do not.  Some might do it for some account types (retirement) but not others.  I don't know what Fidelity's practice is. 

If Fidelity is not downloading those sweep transactions (and the associated sweep fund holdings), and if you want your Quicken to show those holdings, then you would need to enter those transactions yourself manually.   
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I each have a taxable account and a Rollover IRA at Fidelity.
    In both cases, the taxable accounts have the "Show cash in a checking account" attribute turned on.
    In both cases, there is very little cash in the RIRAs, and we just show it as cash ... we don't bother with the MMFs that the cash is actually invested in.
    ALL cash related transactions, in all 4 accounts download properly.  In fact, the pseudo-checking accounts for our taxable holdings are our primary checking accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    With Vanguard I never show a cash balance in the register. When dividends and interest are downloaded to the register, Vanguard then shows a buy for those two amounts going into their Money market account. When I go to Online Center in Quicken and match the holdings, everything is good and agrees.

With Fidelity, there is always a cash balance because of dividends, interest, and some deposits. If I make a manual entry to buy the money market (SPAXX) the cash balance account will go to zero. However, when I go to On Line Center on Quicken to match the holdings, it will show that Quicken does not agree with the holdings. The ticker symbol for the Fidelity money markets do not download to the Quicken register. Therefore, my holdings are always going to be off.

I guess there is no fix for this and just going to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.