Why Tax Impact 401(K) Accounts in Tax Schedule and Summary Report is showing up

Options
2»

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Please humor me and click on ANY date in the Find results that is associated with a transaction in the Tax Impact account. Do NOT click a date associated with a normal displayed account; It must show Tax Impact next to the date in the Acct column. That will take you to the hidden account register. Then scroll down in the hidden Tax Impact register and verify whether or not the problem transactions appear in that register.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well hit me over the head with a brick.
    I found and click a Transaction that said Tax Impact Account and there it was. (DUH)
    It opened the Account and I then deleted the transactions that were the problem.
    How they got there I do not know.
    I checked the Reports and they are gone. So far so good.

Thanks for your patients. All of you.
    Now let's see what happens with the next round of Distributions to both of my Traditional and Rollover IRA's.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today I got the following update notice following OSU this morning.  It might not mean anything for this particular issue but it made me wonder if perhaps it might possibly be that "corrupting event (Possibly associated with Schwab EWC+)"  that was mentioned earlier by @markus1957 .  It might not be but I find it interesting.  I guess if I had Schwab accounts and if I were experiencing this issue I would probably be convinced to update to R36.54.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    The fact the transactions show a Cleared status means that during the acceptance of downloaded transactions, the hidden Tax Impact account was erroneously associated with the transactions rather than your Schwab IRA. It might have been a one-off event but keep an eye out as it could happen again.

I have noticed some weird behavior recently from pull-down menu selections where I'm not seeing the results I expected based on the selected click. I've passed it off as me not using my new touchpad correctly, but your issue makes me now consider that there is some flaw in the new data table structure or in the query routines being used by Quicken that causes erroneous query results.  The download acceptance process is basically an update query so it could easily be impacted by this type of flaw.  I'm going to pay more attention next time to see if I can replicate the bad behavior.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    FYI - My version of Quicken is R37.37. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20221517
    I will be watching to see what happens later this week when Year End Distributions continue.
    I will update this post.
    Schwab connection conversion has cause a number of headaches.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jl747 said:
    FYI - My version of Quicken is R37.37.
    Schwab connection conversion has cause a number of headaches.
    Maybe you should go to R36 because of Schwab.
    If you aren't experiencing any issues with missing downloaded transactions from Schwab, there's no need to revert to the R36.54 version and you can stay with R37.37.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went ahead and reverted to R36.54 since that had fixes that R37.37 did not have.
    Looks like it does not look for any of the R37.xx updates.
    Still lets see what happens later this week.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Follow up. Re: IRA Accounts
    I had a number of transactions downloaded. After having to edit almost all entries none have shown up in my Reports with Tax Impact 401(K) account name.
    Note: All downloads are not showing up for Review. The only way to get them enter into the Register is by go to Preferences > Download Transactions > and then put a check mark where it says Auto add to investment transaction list. This goes for All Schwab Investment accounts.
    What a pain to have to edit these transactions.
    I did report this problem through Quicken software.

This discussion has been closed.