Register screen scrolls up when saving a transaction

petermic
petermic Member ✭✭
This is a new behavior for me. I don't see anyone else mentioning it but thought I'd ask because it's annoying as heck.

Suppose I'm editing old transactions in order to correct them per a broker statement - I'm editing transactions more than one screen older on the register. When I save the older transaction, either by clicking 'Enter' or by pressing the 'Enter' key, the register scrolls up automatically putting the newly saved transaction at the top of the transaction register screen. Often I then have to then scroll back up to edit another older transaction.

I've been entering these transactions for over 20 years but I don't recall seeing this behavior before.

I am on a new computer with Windows 11 pre-installed. Quicken Deluxe Version R36.48. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm able to reproduce the behavior on R36.38 Windows 10 21H2.  

If you haven't already, you may want to report the issue to Quicken: select Help > Report a problem...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I can't reproduce this in R36.54 or R37.37 (Win10 Pro). Maybe it got fixed.
    EDIT: My mistake. I was testing in a banking register. I can reproduce this in an investment register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the active sort order for your investment account register? Should be "by Date in ascending order" (there's a black triangle, pointing up ^, next to the word Date in the column header).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    What is the active sort order for your investment account register? Should be "by Date in ascending order" (there's a black triangle, pointing up ^, next to the word Date in the column header).
    The active sort order does not appear to be relevant. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To me this doesn't seem "new".  I remember seeing the quite some time ago.  I mostly enter transactions using the Enter Transactions dialog so I seldom revisit this problem, but I definitely remember doing some in register edits a while back and having the register scroll like that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • petermic
    petermic Member ✭✭
    Thanks all. Not yet solved. Sort order is oldest to newest.
This discussion has been closed.