Quicken 6.4.4 Charles Schwab Login problem

Manolos
Manolos Member
My Charles Schwab account was workin ok before the changes in login.
After the new login updates I follow the direction, login Schwab an accept the new terms.
Until there every things is OK. after that it send me a window asking me to select the account link BUT no accounts appear to choose from.
Only the check box "automatically link new accounts"
If I want to go further send me and error "you have to choose an account"

Answers

• Hello @Manolos,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your question, though I apologize that you are having issues with your Schwab accounts. 

Did you disconnect your Schwab accounts before trying to reauthorize them? If not, here is a Knowledge Base article with steps on how to do this.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Quicken Alyssa

• Manolos
    Manolos Member
    Thanks Alyssa
  • Manolos
    Manolos Member
    Nop, its not working, I follow the wizard and successfully enter the login, signed the terms, and from then, a new page appear but it does.nt show my accounts.

Select your Schwab accounts to link
    Select your Schwab account to link to Quicken. You can select to link both current accounts and any new accounts you open.
    New Schwab accounts
    Automatically link new Schwab accounts in future
  • Manolos
    Manolos Member
    This is the window that appears after I try to continue

Select your Schwab accounts to link
    Please correct 1 error on this page.
    Select at least one account to link
    Select your Schwab account to link to Quicken. You can select to link both current accounts and any new accounts you open.
    New Schwab accounts
    Automatically link new Schwab accounts in future
  • Amazo2
    Amazo2 Member ✭✭
    Yes this still happening, the “fix” noted in your help section is for Windows only. Please get feature parity with your Windows software. How many years has it been?
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    I found this thread. I faced the same problem after updated Quicken Mac to version 6.4.4 also.

I had contacted Quicken support by "chat with us" a week ago. However after evaluated, the support mentioned it was the problem of Charles Schwab changed authenticated method thus return no account list after login , therefore Quicken can do nothing and I should contact Charles Schwab support instead??!!

Any update or solution on this issue?
  • Manolos
    Manolos Member
    Same here, I also chat with them a few days ago. they say they are working to fix the problems.
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    Today I found the update of Quicken Mac version 6.4.5. Unfortunately that updated cannot solve the title problem, and I still got no account after login to Charles Schwab.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    > @Buzbuz said:
    > Today I found the update of Quicken Mac version 6.4.5. Unfortunately that updated cannot solve the title problem, and I still got no account after login to Charles Schwab.

Hello @Buzbuz,

I am saddened to hear that these accounts are still unable to link. Are these Brokerage accounts, by chance?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    Jared, Yes, I owned a Brokerage account in Charles Schwab, and cannot list + link account after updated Quicken Mac to version 6.4.4.
  • Quicken Jared
    > @Buzbuz said:
    > Jared, Yes, I owned a Brokerage account in Charles Schwab, and cannot list + link account after updated Quicken Mac to version 6.4.4.

Buzbuz,

Okay, we're dealing with Charles Schwab brokerage accounts. Are any of these Donor Advised accounts? Also, are we working with any accounts that might be listed as 'View-Only'?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    Jared,

Only brokerage accounts. Without any Donor Advised accounts.

No "view-only" accounts also. Actually, I had deal with Quicken support by "chat with us" while the problem occurred. He had installed the Quicken Utility to my Mac and monitored my problem's demonstration. To excluded other potential reason, he requested me to create a "new blank quicken data file" without any accounts inside and setup the first account as Charles Schwab, but still failed. Thus the only reason should be the updated after version 6.4.4 on how Quicken and Charles Schwab handle the new authorized method.

Hope above information useful and awaiting Quicken prompt solution.

Buzbuz
  • Quicken Jared
    Buzbuz said:
    Jared,

Only brokerage accounts. Without any Donor Advised accounts.

No "view-only" accounts also. Actually, I had deal with Quicken support by "chat with us" while the problem occurred. He had installed the Quicken Utility to my Mac and monitored my problem's demonstration. To excluded other potential reason, he requested me to create a "new blank quicken data file" without any accounts inside and setup the first account as Charles Schwab, but still failed. Thus the only reason should be the updated after version 6.4.4 on how Quicken and Charles Schwab handle the new authorized method.

Hope above information useful and awaiting Quicken prompt solution.

Buzbuz
    Buzbuz,

Thanks for keeping me updated and providing the Community with more information. It really does help. I do have another question, however. Are these accounts appearing in your Charles Schwab profile when you log into their website? 

Best regards,

Jared 
  • Manolos
    Manolos Member
    Yes they appear in their website
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    Jared, me also appeared.
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    I just found the update on Quicken Mac to version 6.5. Installed and see any fix to our problem, but unfortunately the problem still existed. :s

How long should we wait for the solution?
  • Quicken Jared
    Buzbuz said:
    I just found the update on Quicken Mac to version 6.5. Installed and see any fix to our problem, but unfortunately the problem still existed. :s

How long should we wait for the solution?
    Buzbuz,

I know it is taking some time to get to a resolution, but I haven't forgotten about you. I asked earlier about whether or not you had been able to see the accounts in your online profile with Charles Schwab; this was just to make sure it wasn't an account that is administered by a third-party, as I know that Charles Schwab does have some other organizations administer certain accounts. My next question would be: what kind of connection are you using? You can find this information under 'Connection Type' by going to 'Accounts' in the menu at the top of the screen and 'Settings' then to 'Downloads'. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared  
  • Buzbuz
    Buzbuz Member
    Jared, thanks for your ongoing update. ;)

For the "connection type", as the existing Charles Schwab account connected to Quicken account list was broken since version 6.4.4, it only display "Connect Account ..." under "Downloads" tab on account setting. However, I am sure it was "Direct Connection" before version 6.4.4 to download transaction from Broker automatically, rather than "Web Connect" that I go to Broker website to get a data file then import to Quicken Account. (I am using both methods in other Brokers accounts under Quicken and no problem, except Charles Schwab account)

Hope above information helpful.
This discussion has been closed.