Match Single to Split transactions in transfer between two downloaded accounts in Quicken

dfincher
dfincher Member ✭✭
When I pay my HELOC, I transfer a single amount from my sending account. However, if the payment does not exactly match the amount the bank thinks is due (changes monthly), they record the sent amount as one payment, but split the received amount into two payments - regular payment and "principal' How do I split the sending transaction so that I can still track the posting date and trace it back to the original transaction?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello dfincher,

I hope this post finds you well. Thank you for working with the Quicken Community on this issue. In order to answer your question, I want to know a little bit more about the kind of account your making these transactions with, and how you are setting up the transfer.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Hi @dfincher,

Thank you for contacting the community with this question. 

In order to better assist you, I would appreciate your help in providing a little more information on the problem you are experiencing. First, are you manually entering these transactions before they are downloaded from the bank? Second, how are you making these payments? Through bill pay, quick pay, etc.? 
    From what I have gathered, you are trying to merge these transactions in order to be able to keep track of them. Is that correct? I would suggest creating a split category for the two transactions and then matching them to that specific split category so they are linked together. 
    Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.