Truist credit card is downloading charges as payments

I’m having an issue with Truist Bank, not only with Quicken but Quickbooks too , I am a bookkeeper and it’s happening with multiple clients on different computers so in my opinion it is a Truist issue and when I call, They refuse to address. (Only Truist accounts and all on desktop) I can’t be the only one…..

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Onlineeecretary

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

This is a very interesting issue - in order to troubleshoot this, we may need some additional information. If you don't mind, could you send us some log files? You can do this by navigating to Help in the menu bar at the top of your screen and selecting the option Report a Problem. This may give us some insight into what is happening with your transactions with Truist Bank. 

Additionally, it would be helpful to know if you have other accounts with different financial institutions that are downloading normally. 

You mentioned that it is happening on multiple clients and multiple machines. Where is the file located? Is it located physically on the hard drive of your computer? Or is it located on some form of cloud storage? How long has this been an issue for you? 

Besides answering these questions, another thing we can do to troubleshoot this is to try opening a Test File (File > New > Start from Scratch > Do Not Use Mobile & Web) and attempt to connect your accounts there to see if the odd behavior persists. 

If you don't mind, could you please provide a few screenshots of the odd behavior you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

FAQ: How do I post a screenshot in the Community from Windows?

FAQ: How do I post a screenshot in the Community from a Mac?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words... When posting here in the Community, it is very helpful to include screenshots of what you are seeing, to help others help you. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

These screenshots will be very important as they will not only demonstrate the error but will also let us know which transactions to look for in the log files. If you would rather not upload the screenshots here, you can also upload the screenshots through the Help > Report a Problem feature, under Attach additional files... If you choose to upload them this way, they will be available only for Quicken Technical Assistance to see. 

Once you have collected this additional information, please reach back out to the Community so that we may continue to assist you. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• MesaM
    MesaM Member ✭✭
    Here's what I found to be the actual problem at least for a former SunTrust client that was melded into Truist.

SunTrust requires a Password of 4 - 8 Characters but ***DOES NOT ALLOW*** SPECIAL CHARACTERS in the password

Truist Passwords ***REQUIRE*** special characters in their password.

You are required within Quicken to log into SunTrust then to confirm your identity by logging into (with the same password) Truist.

After going through this IMPOSSIBLE LOOP and changing my password 3 times I gave up

SunTrust and Truist need to get on the same page with their log-in credential requirements.
This discussion has been closed.