Schwab Accounts in Multiple Data Files

Has anyone been able to maintain separate Schwab investment accounts in multiple Quicken data files? Quicken has listed this situation as an unsupported situation, and a cause for download connection problems with Schwab. I'm hopeful that, at some point, this will be worked out between Quicken and Schwab.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello David,

Thank you for being patient with us as we are navigating the changes being made with the server migration at the moment. As of now, users are only able to link Schwab accounts in one data file, and only with one set of sign on credentials. We are still working on the issues associated with the recent changes, and we will be working with the community on any updates we may have.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello David,

Thank you for being patient with us as we are navigating the changes being made with the server migration at the moment. As of now, users are only able to link Schwab accounts in one data file, and only with one set of sign on credentials. We are still working on the issues associated with the recent changes, and we will be working with the community on any updates we may have.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared
    @Quicken Jared Your response appears to contradict @Quicken Kathryn in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900567/updated-12-14-21-changes-to-charles-schwab-accounts

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Sherlock I do apologize for the confusion on this. You are correct, yes as of recently you are now able to connect to Schwab one multiple data files as long as they are only associated with one Quicken ID. @David Bell you should be able to add your investment accounts on multiple files!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Sherlock I do apologize for the confusion on this. You are correct, yes as of recently you are now able to connect to Schwab one multiple data files as long as they are only associated with one Quicken ID. @David Bell you should be able to add your investment accounts on multiple files!
    I suspect it may be necessary to reauthorize Schwab connectivity if the token was generated before the change was introduced (possibly requiring R36.48 or more recent).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My apologies for any confusion I may have caused. You can now connect to Quicken with Charles Schwab accounts across multiple data files as long as you are using one Quicken ID.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • CXXX
    CXXX Member ✭✭
    I have been using 5 separate Schwab ID's for many years, all have 2 accounts some have 3...if i can only use one ID this presents a real problem for me.
    I would think a lot of Schwab clients would have multiple accounts between spouses? I have tried all of the advice I have found here Authorize, Re-Authorize, Uninstall and Re-Install the Quicken program. I have not been able to get any transaction updates.
    One thing that I think would be helpful is a push email from Quicken to Schwab users of the current status and "New Rules" The one data stream or file is a big deal. The types of accounts supported.
    How to get a download to work. And then ONE location for all the updates instead of users searching through many comments and replies.
    I would seriously consider switching to a new broker to get Quicken to work correctly, I just retired and need to monitor my IRA's closely.
  • David Bell
    David Bell Member ✭✭
    I will try to re-authorize my Schwab account that is contained in a second Quicken data file. Hopefully, after doing so, my primary data file Schwab accounts will still function.
  • David Bell
    David Bell Member ✭✭
    I successfully re-authorized the Schwab account in the separate second, Quicken data file. Both connected and downloaded Schwab accounts successfully for several days -- until I tried to change the Schwab website password. I was able to reauthorize one of the Schwab accounts, but not the ones in the separate Quicken data file. Both Quicken data files use the same login user and passwords.

Any suggestions?
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @David Bell, to clarify I meant one QuUicken ID, not Schwab ID. You can use multiple Schwab logins on multiple data files so long as they are all associated with one Quicken account which seems to be the case for you. I'm glad you got it to work initially, with the password change I'd recommend deactivating the accounts in the file that is not working, then relinking them. Let me know if this helps!
    - Quicken Jade
  • David Bell
    David Bell Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @Jade. I'll try that and report.
  • David Bell
    David Bell Member ✭✭
    I performed a OSU before proceeding and all accounts seem to be working. :) So, we'll see.
    Merry Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.