Authorization Required for Capital One and Other Banks not in OSU and Closed

Mark Torpey
Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
Starting December 16th, I receive an error message asking me to verify accounts for Capital One and Sears a credit card. These accounts are not in my OSU and are closed. I can't proceed without going through each one and canceling. Is this a temporary problem that can be addressed?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mark Torpey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I did this successfully with the help of support. Many times, I am not the only one with an issue. Unfortunately, the last backup was 1 week ago requiring me to check balances on multiple accounts to see which transactions were carried over as well as those for which I had bill pay requests to be sure no duplicates were created. This took several hours. Had I thought this through, I would have attempted a backup from a non-quicken source cloud (done daily) to obtain a more recent file.
This discussion has been closed.