Please Fix Downloaded Assignments - Renaming Rules, Category, Tags So they are Automatic??

BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
It would be a GREAT BENEFIT TO YOUR USERS THAT DON'T HAVE SIMPLE SETUPS.

I want renaming rules to contain not only the renaming but Category, Tags so its automatic by Account.

For instance:  I might have common download names (like utility names, Bank Charges, etc), say SCE or SWG where I want the correct rename, the correct tag (tied into a date and the account) and the category.

I have many accounts, business account, etc.  I may have two or more properties where I pay bills for a common bank account.  I may have the same utilty name where I want the correct tag automatically added depending upon saved rules.  

It's seems like quicken does not do this because I'm finding transactions incorrectly posted, etc.  

I would think on recurring charges that happen say monthly, usually within a few days of a schedule posting, where quicken could be programmed easily to recognize a correct posting by date/account and then assign the correct category and tag.

Please fix this or tell me how I can make Quicken H&B do this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look into Memorized Payee List.  Setting things up there will resolve many/most of your requests.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I believe one of the key requests here is to be able to fill in the information filtered by accounts.
    If that is true this is already an existing idea people can vote on:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854603/memorized-transactions-or-renaming-rules-by-account-1-merged-votes

I believe others (but not many) have also suggested doing it based on a date, and another by amount, I don't believe those have existing ideas to vote on.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    By Account step one.  That should be easy.  But to expand where say I pay 4 or 5 electric bills with same company where they are automatically pad/downloaded into quicken where because they occur on different days of the month that quicken would know they should have a specific category and tag.

I find the quicken naming rules to be lacking ability where you can highlight some key words.  The rules (or preferences) should have add'l options by account, date (range), category, tag. 

I realize everyone won't need this but I'm sure many of us could benefit and it should be an optional setting if we like.
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looked into the Memorized Payee List and will try to alleviate some issue but is there a quick way to mark selected entries and assign a tag and/or category quickly?

Still need to be able to add rules based upon account, date ranges so they get assigned correctly.  I think I'm like a lot of others and want a very simple, effective system with less data input and verification.  I want to make life easier and have as many as possible automatic payments, which quick downloads and I want them to use the correct naming rules by account and day of the month would help even more.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BRETTB said:
    Looked into the Memorized Payee List and will try to alleviate some issue but is there a quick way to mark selected entries and assign a tag and/or category quickly?

There isn’t any kind of multiple select or such for the memorized payees, so working through an old list and updating them is going to be slow.  The better approach like most things in life is to do it incrementally as it happens instead of waiting until it becomes a big problem.  One can memorize a transaction in the register by just selecting Ctrl+M.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.