Why does Quicken crash when manually adding downloaded account transactions?

Options
After downloading bank account transactions and attempting to add those transactions to the subject account the software asks if I want to open a new account or add it to an existing account -- this request just started this month. I choose to add it to an existing account. The data file appears to be downloaded but then a couple of screens appear to attempt to open and then Quicken crashes. When I reopen Quicken and check the account the downloaded transaction data if there and the software behaves normally after that. I have checked the data file. It happens from a data file and data copy file.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to check the Keep Quicken open after Web Connect completes preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to check the Keep Quicken open after Web Connect completes preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• TJDalyatty
    Options
    Thank your very much Sherlock; I checked the box to Keep Quicken open after Web Connect completes pursuant to your answer and that solved the problem I was having.
This discussion has been closed.