PNC Bank - OL-294-A Error

2»

Answers

• Sadly, my experience was not so easy. Somehow my online link to checking got corrupted. (seemed to connect, but failed to load the newest transactions) the fix took more than an hour chat with Quicken Tech Support, in which I had to uninstall Quicken, reinstall, and "add" the accounts that had been disconnected. (and a failed attempt to patch along the way)
  • WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭
    A long time ago I also encountered a similar issue and learned not to mess with the data file and wait a couple of days before doing something drastic, like resetting the account or deleting login information.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Never, never do anything without multiple backups of your data file on multiple devices (like external USB hard drives).

I've kept my data file intact for over two decades. The reports get screwy with software updates, but that's about the only problem I've had.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I guess I can keep on posting to this thread [Removed-Unhelpful]
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • Triplr
    Triplr Member
    January 9 and still have problems with PNC - Quicken interface. Direct Connect tells me that I have 27 transactions to review, but there are none in the Downloaded Transactions pane. Any suggestions out there?
  • dss1
    dss1 Member
    When I saw your note, I opened Quicken and did a direct connect to PNC. It seems to be working ok. You might to to contact Quicken help when it opens on Monday.
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Thanks Dss1,  It is working again today! That's the point.  It does not work consistently like the past 25+ years.  The Web Express connections are far worse.  [Removed-Speculative]
  • @jimshu1,

Do you require assistance? Were you referring to being alerted when there is a comment posted in this discussion?

Quicken Alyssa

• @Triplr,

Have you tried deactivating and then reconnecting the PNC accounts? If not, here is a Knowledge Base article that gives steps on doing this. 

Do let us know how this goes.

Quicken Alyssa

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > @jimshu1,
    >
    > Do you require assistance? Were you referring to being alerted when there is a comment posted in this discussion?
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

No, but thanks for noticing the post. The Quicken forum is the only one I belong to where I cannot unsubscribe to a thread, I commented in. I posted this annoyance to the administrative forum. I understand the option doesn't exist, but I took this opportunity to also complain.

- Jim S.
  • Triplr
    Triplr Member
    Alyssa, I did go through that process a couple of updates ago in December. To no avail since today, January 14, I have 34 transactions to review and nothing in the Downloaded Transactions Pane. Any idea where they may be found?? I will try again but not getting hopes up.
  • Triplr
    Triplr Member
    So, Alyssa -- I tried your deactivation suggestion again. I am told that Quicken cannot edit the account "because there are downloaded transactions that must be accepted into the account register or transaction list. Finish accepting the downloaded transactions and then try again." My Downloaded Transactions Pane shows zero transcations.
    Next suggestion?
  • @Triplr,

Please open the Online Center and select PNC from the financial institution drop-down list. Check to see if your transactions are showing up there.

Here is a Knowledge Base article with steps for this issue as well. You can use the provided like to view the article.

Do let us know if you are able to resolve the issue after following these steps.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.