One step update failes 100 ways 12-21-2021

andyf123
andyf123 Member ✭✭
This started this morning when Quicken came to a screeching halt. Quicken updates completes individual account updates and then freezes with 'aggregated accounts'. I looked at the log files. I deactivated all online access for these aggregated accounts then tried to add them back. Macy's failed with an error code, Citibank first appeared to succeed but a window for Capital One account authorization kept popping up while connecting to Citibank.
Then I tried to do just a Citibank update and I got a CC-800 error and then clicked the "Fix It". Then again the infamous 'Capital One requires you to authorize your accounts popped up.' while fixing Citibank. This is BADLY broken!
Then disconnected all Citibank account again, tried to reconnect and then waited, waited, waited in the screen of "Looking for your accounts at Citibank”. It didn’t complete, didn’t show the Citibank accounts at all. I got tired of waiting, so I clicked the “Connect button on the lower right and It failed with CC-501 error. Tried one more time, this time it failed again with CC-501.
Then I tried Lowe’s Commercial Card (Synchrony) to reconnect. Waited, Waited and Waited and about 5 minutes later, it finally showed the account. Tried to link it and then again waited, waited and waited 10:01. It took 5 minutes to complete.
Then I tried an update just Lowes Synchrony and again the infamous 'Capital One requires you to authorize your accounts popped up.' While it made no sense, I added the credentials and it failed with CC-501 Capital One, even though I was trying to update Synchrony. Tried it again with the same result.
Tried another One Step Update for all accounts again the Capital One window showed up and finally I got a window with the following

Known Issue:
You may experience slowness or errors updating accounts
Due to a server issue, you may experience errors or slowness when updating your accounts.
We are working with our service provider to fix this issue as quickly as possible. For updates on this issue, please review this alert message.
In the meantime, we recommend updating your accounts at a later time.
I waited until it was resolved. However, I am still having the issue with the Capital One authentication account popping up every time I try to add an account back or try to do a One Stop Update.
As I was added back the accounts, it seemed to work for a while with the annoying Capital One pop up window appearing numerous times, but then suddenly all brokerage accounts failed with QL-362A. There is just no end to it how unreliable it is now.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi@andyf123,

Thank you for contacting the community with this issue, I am sorry that you are experiencing these errors. I understand that this can be frustrating. 

In order to move forward and to better address the issues that are occurring for you, I require some more information. What FI are your brokerage accounts with? What exactly occurs when you try to update these accounts and are you trying to utilize the one-step update or are you re-connecting these accounts?

I look forward to hearing your response so we can work towards a resolution. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    I didn't disconnect the brokerage accounts. They were still updating during this morning outage and worked until now. Chase Investment Completes, but after that Fidelity , Merrill Lynch, Etrade fail. I have seen this failure good couple months ago and your techniciant investigated it at that time. Then suddenly it resolved itself. The symptom was that the first account added or updated in Quicken Completes and the the rest all fail. Perhaps you can search for this issue.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    Also this contant pop up of the not used Capital One Authentication window is also annoying. Quicken installed an update couple days ago. I just hope that one day this update would work without a glith for about a week.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    This is the SAME problem as was before! When a brokerage account is Reset, the Reset succeeds and single download from that account works. But if one tries to download from another brokerage account then it fails that download and then the just Reset account also fails. I.e Resetting Fidelity fixes Fidelity for a one time update, but the moment Quicken tries to download any other brokerage, that fails and then Fidelity fails again. At that time we even tried it on a new database. Adding the first brokerage worked, but then adding the second one broke the first one.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    I tried adding Schwab, but that just poppes up the Capital One prompt and unlike other accounts, it is the death of Quicken. When I close the Capital One pop up window, it never prompts adding Schwab credentials.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    You should see it how bad it is.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    The issue for Capital One is a known issue with not even a promise when it woulg get fixed. While it is bad on it's own, at least it didn't interfere with other accounts. Now it does!
  • Hi @andyf123,

Thank you for the response. We do currently have an open alert regarding the Capital One prompt. If you would like to follow this alert, I have attached a link that you can bookmark and stay up to date on any resolution that occurs. Hopefully, once this is fixed, the other issues that you are experiencing will work out as well. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/ongoing-12-21-21-capital-one-cc-901-501-or-prompt-to-re-authorize-accounts#latest

Thank you so much for your continued support and patience as we work towards a resolution.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    This is the same problem as was many months agao. I tried it on a new Quicken file. I was able to add Fidelity then I was able to add Schwab as well, since it brought up the Schwab prompt window and not the Capital one. But the moment I added Schwab, Fidelity failed with a QL-362-A. See attached picture. We have two issues. Capital one prompt keeps popping up all the time and only 1 brokerage account works, the second or any subsequent account addition breaks the prior ones and they fail with QL-362-A.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    Capital One hasn't been fixed for month and I have no hope the Quicken would ever fix it. But until now that at least was an issue with Capital One only. Now it poppes up every time one wants to add a Non-Capital account.
    Meantime I have to use Quicken but now all brokeage accounts fail. So please fix the brokerage issues at least. I would like you to ESCALATE this issue, especially because this is a recurring issue.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    I looked at my record. This brokerage problem happened exactly one year ago. The Case# was 8171012.
    Please read that case and resolve this problem.
This discussion has been closed.